This treadmill comes with dual resistance arms which helps in the upper body workout and keeps you active and totally engaged while you work out. It also has Comfort Cell cushioning which softens every single step while you work out and prevents sore feet, inflamed and aching joints.
Read through the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill review 2019 to know all about the machine. When you want to have some challenging workouts for yourself, all you need to do is increase the incline and get more calories burned. There are 4 pre-set workout programs in case you want some professional training.
The programs are specially created with an aim to burn fat as well as enhance your cardiovascular fitness. An integrated thumb sensor helps you maintain pace in your target heart zone so you can achieve your fitness goals.
It is quite surprising that a piece of innovative equipment like the Weslo Treadmill is being priced to fit the budget of people. The approximate retail cost is around under $500 and on sale.
One can get if for a lesser price too! In comparison to a gym membership which is quite expensive than the cost of this treadmill, the machine is a steal!
Best Suited to Whom?
This machine is a simple piece of equipment that is budget-friendly and is suited for those who want something to exercise in their house. This model is good for walking and jogging, but the toughness of it makes it suitable for running as well. It also has adjustable bars that add to the upper-body resistance whenever you work out.
This increases metabolism and helps in weight loss in comparison to a walk. These abilities have made the machine a budget cross trainer. You can check out some of the best treadmills for running.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembling process of the Weslo brand is quite easy. It has some easy steps. Also, note that the deck is completely assembled, and all you have to fix is the upright console mast, the console, the fixed handlebars, connect the wires, and then fix the mobile arms.
The entire process will take approximately 45 min. Check out the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill assembly video. The package includes the hex keys which are needed for assembly, however, you will also require a screwdriver. The package also includes a copy of the manual.
The belt of this treadmill is pre-lubricated using a top quality industrial lubricant, and will not be requiring lubrication for a long duration. Hence all you need to do is take proper care and keep the belt of the equipment clean.
In case your Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill won’t start, click the link you can check out the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill troubleshooting options.
Design and Build Quality
This Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill has a frame made of steel. In this treadmill, all its steel parts that are in the frame are well-coated with anti-corrosive paint. At present, you can get this treadmill in just one colour combination, i.e., silver and black.
The console masts of the treadmill are in silver, whereas the remaining steel parts are in black. This machine also requires quite less space while you operate it and lesser space when not in use. The belt area is 16” wide and 50” long and yes, it can be easily folded and stored.
The maximum weight it can bear is 250 pounds which is quite good as many cheaper machines can withstand a weight of only about 200 pounds. You can check out some of the best treadmills under $500 which are giving tough competition to Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T.
An important feature of the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill is the foldability of its deck. Yes, you can fold up the deck and with the help of a locking pin, you can lock it to the upright console masts.
It does not have a hydraulic soft-drop unfolding mechanism which is found in the Sole F80 deck. Hence you have to be careful when you unfold it and lower it manually.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill has a motor with a 2.25 horsepower and this is very small as well as low in torque. It is not durable enough to withstand running at a speed of about 10MPH. So make sure you do not do it!
2. Sound: The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill does not have in-built MP3 compatibility, due to which you cannot blast your music via the in-built speakers. However, you can place your smartphone right next to the display of the machine and play your favourite music.
3. Console: The machine has an in-built LCD screen which lets you monitor the basic workout vitals like time, calories burned as well as the distance covered. It comes with four workout apps which have been pre-loaded and can be used to challenge yourself.
You can also make use of the machine manually and get the speed adjusted if you wish to have some more challenging levels. The model also comes with a magnetic safety key, which stops the belt automatically when it is removed.
4. Crosswalk Arms: The crosswalk arms mimic the cross country ski poles. They work on the upper body while walking. They help you work your upper body while you walk.
These bars are not like the regular elliptical armbars and do not have a lot of resistance, hence, the usage of hand weights while walking will provide more upper body toning.
5. Ultra-Small Walking Belt: The walking belt of the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill is probably one of the smallest ones in the market – it measures 16” x 50”. It does not offer a lot of room and may not be the best option for taller people. Have a look at some of the best treadmills for walking.
6. 2-position Incline: In this price range, many of the treadmills give a 0 – 10% power incline. However, the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill offers a 2 position manual incline. This means that in order to change the incline, you will have to get off the machine and this is quite inconvenient.
7. Cushioning: It comes with Comfort Cell Cushioning which protects you while you do your workouts and reduces the impact.
8. Heart Rate Monitoring: The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill has a feature called EasyPulse – this makes heart rate monitoring while you work out a simple activity. All you need to do is place your thumb on the heart rate sensor that is located on the front panel and you get a quick, simple reading.
This is quite a simple task in comparison to other machines where both the thumbs are to be used simultaneously on the handlebar sensors.
Also, it offers two convenient water bottle holder, wherein one space can be used to keep your water bottle and the other space can be used to keep your rolled-up towel or any other fitness essentials which you might require while you work out.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill Workout Programs
The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill comes with 4 pre-set Workouts. These workouts are created by certified personal trainers which will help you in achieving your fitness goals. Have a look at some of the best treadmills for home use for further comparison.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill Warranty
It offers only 90 days warranty on labour, parts and motor. It is not as great as the warranty offered by other models.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill Pros & Cons
The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill might appear to be a good choice to work on your upper body and get a good workout. However, the drawbacks override the benefits of this machine, and you can always check out the ProForm Performance 300i or the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill which are few better options for your money.
The Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T treadmill is a good machine when it comes to basic exercises like walking and jogging, but not that good for running at top speeds. It is great for only light-medium cardio workouts, stamina building, muscle toning, interval training, as well as weight loss.
The integrated mobile arms in the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T Treadmill ensures that your arms and upper body get a decent workout. Its feature of being easily foldable makes it one of the best treadmills for home use and a budget-friendly machine.