ProForm has come up with interactive technology and exceptional features which can be seen in its ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill 2021. It has been created and designed to meet the requirements of a serious runner. It has a commercial grade motor of 3.75 CHP and a full-colour 7” touchscreen.
This machine is an upgrade from the ProForm Pro 2000 that has won itself the “Best Buy Awards 2021”. We are aware that ProForm along with NordicTrack -its sister firm, offers consumers a lot of innovative treadmills. A lot of their resources are invested in innovative interactive technology which entertains.
Motivates and gives them an edge over their competitors. The ProForm Pro 5000 review 2021 indicates that this model has many features which are found in the Pro 9000 treadmill, for instance, the running surface of 22″W x 60″L, which is the standard surface size for all treadmills of the Pro series, including the bestseller Pro 2000.
The additional length of this treadmill in comparison to the entry-level ProForm treadmills like the Premier 900, the Sport 5.0, the Power 795, etc.makes the Pro 5000 a way better choice for taller runners who are tall and have a long-running stride.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Pro 5000 Is Built For Users who:
Prefer a variety of workouts: The machine has a top speed of 12 MPH and an incline range of -3% to 15% and gives users a lot of workout options
Want a cushioned deck in a treadmill: The ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill 2021 gives its users a very comfortable deck which has cushioning that is enough to give them a comfortable workout.
Have other members who would want to use the treadmill: It is quite tough to find a treadmill that appeals to the family. The ProForm Pro 5000 has many workout options which will appeal to the entire family.
ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The ProForm Pro 5000 Manual Treadmill provides all the instructions step-by-step along with exploded diagrams offering references to parts and this shows the user how every single part fits together. ProForm also includes a majority of the tools required, including the hex key which is used to adjust the treadmill belt.
ProForm also recommends having two people for the ProForm Pro 5000 assembly. The reason behind this is that most of the parts of the treadmill are pre-assembled and this means you have heavier parts to move around.
You can also seek assistance from the professional assembly service provided by ProForm. This is quite convenient in contrast to assembling the product all on your own or finding people to help you out. This service is offered during initial purchase.
Design and Build Quality
The ProForm Pro 5000 treadmill design features are similar to that of the Pro 9000 treadmill, for example, you will notice that the running surface of both treadmills is 22″W x 60″L. The long belt makes the Pro 5000 a good model for runners and people with a long stride. This makes the Pro 5000 one of the best treadmills for running.
The design is an upgrade from the design of the Pro 2000 treadmill. The motor of the Pro 5000 is 3.75 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor which is more strong and powerful in comparison with the 3.75 CHP used in the entry-level treadmills.
It also comes with an internal cooling system which ensures the wear and tears on the top-grade components is reduced, the vibration is reduced and your workout experiences are quiet. ProForm brand offers a lifetime warranty on the motor.
The treadmill also includes the in-built efficiency booster of ProForm which reduces the consumption of electricity while you workout. For the purpose of comparison, you can read through the Proform Pro 5000 Vs Proform Pro 9000.
ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill Features
The motor of the treadmill is 3.75 CHP making it the strongest motors available at the given price. In case you wish to have a long running workout, this motor will give you the additional power needed.
The motor has a lifetime warranty and this is cover for your investment. This also makes it one of the best treadmills available at under $1000.
The 7” full-color touchscreen allows you to check your workout details in a single Navigation is quite simple and easy on this model. It is iFit enabled which allows you to run on various routed all over the world.
The console has QuickSpeed as well as QuickIncline buttons which let you switch between the speed levels or incline levels swiftly. It also has some quick select controls which have been added in order to access the onboard as well as iFit workout programs.
This is faster than pressing a single ‘workouts’ button around 16 times to select your preferred workout, as needs to be done in the ProForm 530 ZLT treadmill.
Right above the console, you will find a pivoting tablet holder. You can keep your tablet here and enjoy movies on Netflix or videos on YouTube or even read a book while you workout. This makes your workout routine an entertaining one and instead of dreading it, you will always look forward to your workout.
The ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill 2021 includes an in-built audio port that is iPod compatible. This allows you to play music via their Intermix Acoustics 3.0 sound system, and this system has two 3” speakers.
The controls for the volume are available even on the console, so you do not interrupt your movement by wearing headphones.
The extra long treadmill belt of 22” x 60” makes this machine one of the best treadmills for home runners.
The Pro 5000 also has the ProShox™ Cushioning system which is even found in the Pro 9000 treadmill. This limits the impact and stress on your knee joints, feet and ankles, in comparison to road running.
Incline/ Decline Range
The range of -3% to 15% offered by this machine makes it ideal for cross-training. It is a good way to challenge your workouts. The incline can be integrated with iFit Coach and imitate the trail. This feature ensures you get an intense and challenging workout.
Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
To monitor the heart rate, the EKG hand grips can be used. However, if you purchase Proform Pro 5000 treadmill via the Manufacturer directly, a wireless heart rate chest strap will be provided for no extra cost.
Most of the people prefer using the Bluetooth heart rate monitors and wireless ones as they are more accurate than hand grip sensors.
(i) Fans: The ProForm 5000 comes with some multi-speed workout fans from CoolAire, which provide climate control which is possible only via indoor running.
This feature combined with storage space for your water bottle creates a comfortable environment for your workouts. This also helps increase users’ endurance while they stay hydrated and cool.
(ii) iFit Enabled: Fit helps connect the treadmill with the internet, wherein you can download unlimited workouts as well as watch workout videos by your favorite trainers. You can monitor your workouts and set new goals with time.
You can also check different workouts such as HIIT Training, Yoga, etc. in addition to this, you can get customized nutrition plans and workout options.
The best part is yet to come! Yes. If you purchase ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill directly via the Manufacturer, currently you can get yourself a 1-year iFit Coach membership free of cost.
ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill Workout Programs
The ProForm Pro 5000 treadmill brought about a complete change in the design of the console in contrast to the Pro 4500 treadmill. It has an intuitive button layout which makes sure that the incline, as well as the speed controls, are easily accessible.
Apart from the design of the console, the Pro 5000 also offers totally new onboard workouts, which is not found in the ProForm Power, Endurance, or even ZLT treadmills.
Along with the categories – Calorie, Incline, Intensity, and Speed, ‘Random’ is another category available. Here, a random combination of both speed and incline is generated automatically. This can create a new and challenging workout regimen swiftly, without the need to activate iFit.
Categories of workout Programs
- ProForm treadmills have one of the two kinds of manual programs; one which makes use of a tab system which displays your profile information, and one which does not. This feature though not found in the ProForm Pro 5000, it can be seen in the Power 795.
- The tab system is generally found only those ProForm treadmills which come with a touchscreen console. This lets you switch between various tabs, wherein one displays the incline, one displays the speed, a third one displays the calories, etc.
- The ProForm Pro 5000 only lets you track your progress via a 1/4 mile running track. No preset profile is followed, and any change in the intensity of workouts is completely under your control.
(ii) Onboard Workouts
- In this collection of in-built workout programs, you will find the workout category – ‘Random’. The other categories like Calorie, Intensity, Incline, and Speed are a basic and common feature of ProForm treadmills.
- There are 38 onboard in-built workouts which follow a combination of incline and speed levels which have been preset. When the workout progresses further, the profile adjusts the incline as well as belt speed in order to match the preset settings against the segment.
- You can override these settings anytime using the controls. For comparison, you can read through our list of best treadmills for home use.
(iii) Set-A-Goal Workouts
- The ProForm Pro 5000 has 4 goal options; Calories, Pace, Distance and Time.
- The Pace goal is available only on ProForm’s Boston Marathon treadmills or the Pro 1495.
(iv) iFit Workouts
- ProForm treadmills generally offer any one of the three iFit options:
- iFit enabled
- iFit compatible
- iFit workout cards
This model is iFit enabled, and this does not require an extra expense (you do require the iFit subscription). iFit compatible means that you will have to purchase the wireless module. Workout Cards mean that need to purchase either the single workout cards or multi-pack workout cards.
- If you have the iFit subscription and a great WiFi connection, you can check all the workouts created by certified personal trainers, which is inclusive of real-world routes that have been created by using Google Maps along with Street View.
- You can monitor the workout performance as well as upload your workout results to the iFit account. You can combine them with your other exercises. You can use any device to access your iFit account.
ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill Warranty
The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five years on the parts and 2 years warranty on labor.
ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill Pros & Cons
- It has a strong and powerful motor
- It comes with 38 in-built programs
- It has a 7” full-colour HD touchscreen
- It has a good incline/decline range and a good top speed
- It has good warranty offerings
- The deck has ProShox Cushioning
- It has a tablet holder as well as space to keep your water bottles
- It has a smartphone port
- It has Bluetooth wireless heart rate monitoring and includes a chest strap too
- It is a foldable machine
- It doesn’t offer great customer service.
- Replacement of parts can take a while.
- iFiT membership needs to be purchased separately.
If you want a commercial-grade treadmill which is good for multiple users and runners, then the ProForm Pro 5000 Treadmill is a good choice. With a powerful motor, sturdy frame, and some good incline and speed levels, it is one of the best treadmills under $1500. The options for entertainment are excellent, for example.
It has a smartphone port, a good music system with speakers and is iFit enabled as well. It offers a holder to place your smartphone or tablet which lets you enjoy Netflix or YouTube videos while you workout. This machine will definitely make your workout experience an entertaining one.