It is manufactured by Precor, which is a leader in producing good quality residential health equipment. It’s Precision™ Series uses advanced technology like a reversible running deck, incline and decline.
Patented Ground Effects Impact Control Technology for cushioning, SmartRate Zone heart rate monitoring program, acrylic LCD, powerful motor, and much more.
Here is the Precor TRM 425 Precision™ Series Treadmill review 2019 which describes each of its features in detail and explains why it is the best treadmills choice for home workouts.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Precor TRM 425 Precision™ Series treadmill is an ideal machine for people whose focus is on cardio training (walking or jogging). It is a perfect machine for home gyms as it is very well-built and has very intuitive features.
It does lack entertainment features, but when you are working at home, you can easily watch TV or listen to music while exercising.
It is rated as the top-end treadmills for home use. The price of this treadmill can seem a bit higher for home treadmills, but it is one of the best treadmills available under $5000. So, if you have the budget in hand and are looking for a high-end home treadmill, then TRM 425 must be your choice.
Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The Precision™ Series treadmills by Precor requires the least effort in assembly, with minimal steps. These treadmills are non-folding which makes half of the task already done as the running deck comes assembled with the treadbelt.
Only one person can easily handle the whole assembly process by reading the step-by-step instructions from the assembly manual.
Design and Build Quality
The TRM 425 Precision™ Series treadmill has a unique stride support system – Integrated Footplant Technology which automatically adjusts the belt speed to match the feet movement. It’s Ground Effects™ shock absorption technology provides comfort cushioning along the deck and gives excellent comfort and stability.
This treadmill has an ergonomic design with full handlebars, large dome style keys, and an oversized console at the center. It supports both wireless and touch sensors heart rate monitoring, SmartGrip™ tablet computer holder, and is a very comfortable machine to use.
The build quality of this treadmill very sound. Its welded steel frame is ergonomic and powder-coated. This machine can take weights up to 300 lbs and deliver a robust workout. It’s running deck is reversible and lets you flip the deck over and use it. This feature increases the lifespan of the machine.
It has base levelers like two feet which keep the deck stable when you suddenly stop your workout or are doing an intense exercise. The motor it uses is a continuous duty 3.0 CHP motor which delivers a noiseless and a great workout.
Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The TRM 425 treadmill by Precor features a 3.0 CHP continuous duty motor, which is the highest performing motor. It maintains its horsepower throughout the workout and delivers a very durable and stable workout.
It also can bear one exercise after another without heating up. It gives a smooth ride especially during Interval Training when you make sudden changes in belt speed.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The LCD console of this treadmill by Precor is a Blue and White LCD, which is a 5-inch acrylic panel. It is a beautiful control panel and easy-to-use. The screen displays the data in five zones – personal workout data, program details, workout metrics, etc.
Another exciting feature is that you can password protect your console for added safety. It also has volume controls for your smart device.
3. Incline and Decline: This Precision™ Series treadmill by Precor has a -2% decline up to 15% incline. This wide range accommodates for a vast level of terrain (uphill, downhill, interval).
This range offers extra toning and more calorie burn as an outcome of your workout. You can adjust the incline/decline from the tap style Dome keys on the console.
4. Tablet Holder: The Precor TRM 425 Treadmill comes with a SmartGrip™(tablet reading rack) tablet computer holder where you can place your tablet/smart device and access the net or listen to songs.
The console has two oversized water bottle holders alongside the console to store your water bottles and stay hydrated while exercising.
5. Audio: It does not support any speakers but gives you the facility to connect your smartphone, tablet, or computer and listen to your favorite music.
6. Treadbelt: The treadbelt of the TRM 425 Precision™ Series treadmill is made of multi-ply polyester material with a PVC non-slip surface. The dry silicone lubrication makes this tread belt maintenance-free.
7. On/Off Cushioning: This treadmill has the optimum amount of cushioning due to the Patented Ground Effects Impact Control technology. It uses perfectly engineered shock absorbers to give a good buffering and lowering the stress on joints/knees.
8. Heart Rate Monitoring: The user can monitor his heart rate on the TRM 425 treadmill by Precor, either with the touch sensor or wireless heart rate monitoring (chest strap is needed). Knowing your accurate heart rate during a workout is vital for your health and performance.
It comes with a heart rate monitoring program, called the SmartRate™ Zone which tells the zone in which you are working out and whether it matches with the zone of your target.
Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-in Workout Apps: The Precor TRM 425 Precision™ Series treadmill comes with nine pre-set workout programs, with different combinations of incline and resistance. It provides a good range of workouts for all fitness levels. By working on these programs regularly will help you overcome muscle adaptation.
Let us have a look at the programs:
1. Weight Loss: This program aims to accelerate weight loss and maintain the heart rate between 50% and 70% of the maximum, to burn more fat. It makes you work out in lesser intensities.
2. Interval 1-1 and 1-2: This program has two variations, 1-1 and 1-2. It lets you customize your interval training and make it more challenging. These numbers are a ratio of work to test.
In the 1-1 variation, you workout for two minutes at a high intensity and then rest for two minutes, and so on.
In the 2-1 variation, you start with resting for two minutes followed by a workout of four minutes. This variation is more intense than the 1-1 variation.
3. Hill Climb: This program helps in muscle toning and improving the strength of the lower body. It gives challenging incline levels and helps in building muscles.
4. Basic Heart Rate Control: This program helps in aerobic conditioning and is similar in the goal of the Weight Loss program. It automatically adjusts the speed and incline and maintains a 50%-70% heart rate range.
5. Cross Country: This program gives the feel of running outdoors on natural terrain. It helps in building endurance and activating the muscles. It changes the belt speed and frequently inclines to provide the feeling of a cross-country walk or run.
Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill Warranty
Warranty – Lifetime on Frame and 3-years on Console Parts and Service – 10-years on Parts and 1-year on Labour. Customer Support – Precor’s customer support is highly ranked in the market due to their promptness.
The executives and professionals and hold good knowledge of the product. You can contact them from Monday to Friday, between 9 am to 7 pm, at +1-800-347-4404.
Return Policy – If you feel you are not satisfied with the product, you can easily return it within 30 days of your purchase, along with the original receipt. You have to make sure that the product is in working condition and has all the parts in place at the time of return.
Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill Pros & Cons
It is evident that the Precor brand TRM 425 Precision™ Series treadmill is treadmill with club-quality built and beautifully designed features. It is a perfect combination of the right technology and features which helps in achieving your fitness goals, at home.
It gives a good range of workout options to target each muscle of the body and to break the monotony. It has safety features like non-slip deck surface, safety key, etc. It is a machine, when kept at home, will motivate the user to work on it every day.
It comes with both incline and decline, along with heart rate monitoring to keep the heart functioning well. With a slightly higher price range, it is still rated as one of the top-selling home treadmills.