Its Energy Series is a series of advanced treadmills which are specially made to provide great comfort, personalized features, and safety. The TRM 243 model is one of its top treadmills for home use as it has all the state-of-the-art features and functions which make it a perfect choice for people who want to remain fit and build muscles.
This article contains the Precor TRM 243 Energy Series™ Treadmill review 2019 and describes each feature in detail. It explains how this model ranks on the top of this series and is ideal for fitness enthusiasts.
Best Suited to Whom?
The TRM 243 treadmill is an excellent choice for people who are wanting to stay fit, lose weight, or build different muscle groups. It is the best treadmill for home use and has fabulous features to deliver an active workout session at home.
If you have some budget in hand and are looking for a machine which has advanced features and a variety of workout options, then TRM 243 must be your ideal choice. It is one of the top non-folding treadmills available under $2500.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembly of the Precor treadmill is straightforward due to its minimalistic frame design. It takes around 30 minutes to attach the whole machine and start your workout.
The instruction manual which comes along with the package has well-described steps which are helpful to put the treadmill together. It also comes with all the necessary tools, brackets, and safety key to assembling it.
Design and Build Quality
The TRM 243 has an elegant, non-folding design which is durable as well as reliable. The tread belt is of good material and requires no maintenance. The deck is shorter than other machines but ideal for people with smaller spaces.
The superior shock absorption, Energy Stride Technology, reduces the stress on knees and joints. The console design is very sleek and attractive and gives an easy-to-read feedback matrix.
This treadmill has a design that supports Apple devices and Preva™ app, but it does not support Android products. The overall designing is chic and of high-quality.
The Precor TRM 243 treadmill’s build quality is very sound as its frame is very durable. It is a robust machine and can take weights up to 300lbs. Its steel frame is welded, coated with powder, and has a minimalistic design. Its motor is potent with 3.0 CHP and is maintenance free.
It also comes with a lever style motion control which enables deck elevation and speed. Such excellent build quality gives a substantial workout experience.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The Precor TRM 243 treadmill uses the highest performing motor with a continuous duty of 3.0 CHP. This is a very durable motor that can withstand multiple workouts, without any rest. It is noiseless and very reliable. It has up to 700 pounds of thrust and is extremely powerful.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The console of this treadmill is a colored graphics LCD touch display which displays the data as per your selection. It measures 7-inches and has responsive lever style controls to manage the deck elevation and speed.
It also has the facility of SmartGrip™ holder and USB port to keep and connect your iPad, tablet, or iPhone device, respectively. Note that the audio control buttons on TRM 243 are compatible only with Apple devices.
3. Incline and Decline: The incline range of Precor TRM 243 treadmill is 0% to 15%. You can easily control it with levers when you need to change it. But, when you choose some in-built program, it automatically adjusts the incline setting as per the program you select.
4.Tablet Holder: This model of the Energy Series by Precor comes with a SmartGrip™ holder which can store your tablet, iPad, iPhone, etc. securely. You can connect your device via USD\B and then watch your favorite show, listen to music, or read anything with the help of the audio controls on the central display.
5. Audio: The TRM 243 Energy Series Treadmill comes with audio control buttons on the console. You can connect your smart device via the USB port and enjoy your favorite music or TV show while exercising.
6. Tread Belt: The tread belt of this treadmill is made up of multi-ply polyester satin weave, with a PVC non-slip surface. This feature keeps the user safe and secured while exercising. It also has dry silicone lubrication which makes it a zero-maintenance tread belt.
7. On/Off Cushioning: The Energy Series treadmills by Precor come with under-deck cushioning which is excellent in reducing stress on knees and joints. It lowers the impact of exercise on the joints and avoids any injury. This cushioning makes working out a very comfortable experience.
8. Heart Rate Monitoring: This treadmill by Precor can measure the heart rate monitor either by a touch sensor or wireless, with Polar compatible chest strap. The chest strap is not included in the package and has to be bought separately.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-in Workout Apps: The Precor TRM 243 Energy Series™ treadmill is loaded with 27 in-built programs. This variation is significant when you want to change your workout routine and add some variety to it.
Doing the same workout every day is not only monotonous but also not good for the body. These 27 programs are divided into five categories, as described below:
- Lose Weight: The five programs under this category will speed up your weight loss in the shortest time. These programs range from interval training to hill climbing, etc., all keeping your heart rate within the target heart rate zone.
- Be Fit: It consists of six programs, half of which includes interval training and the other half has ‘rolling hills’ workout profile. It has a different ratio of intense workout time to rest time for various programs.
- Get Toned: It has two workout programs, one which strengthens the legs of the muscles, and the other that works on the glutes. This category offers varying intensity levels and increases the incline gradually.
- Push Performance: This category has three programs; one works on the heart rate and adjusts the incline; accordingly, the other two are variations of interval training.
- Fitness Test: This test measures the amount of oxygen your body can take in a specific period, and then calculates the score. You can use this score as a reference to see how you are improving every day with the workout.
- Go the Distance: In this category, you can choose any distance – 1mile, 5K, 10K, jog, walk, or run at your speed until your goal is achieved.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Treadmill Warranty
Warranty – Lifetime on Frame, 3-years on Console Parts and Service – 5 years on parts and one year on labor Customer Support – The customer service of Precor is rated as one of the best as it is reliable and very efficient.
If you need any help with the Precor product, you can reach the executive at +1-800-347-4404 or send your query at. The professionals are well-versed with the products and are happy to help.
Return Policy – The return policy of Precor is very simple. It lets you return the product within 30 days of your purchase if you are not happy with the product. It is necessary to give the original purchase receipt at the time of return.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Treadmill Pros & Cons
As you can see from the above review of Precor TRM 243 Treadmill, it is one of the best Precor home treadmills that is loaded with amazing features, engages the user positively, and motivates them to work more. If you are a person with some budget in hand, then you must buy this elite trainer for your home.
It will not disappoint you, instead will help you achieve your fitness goals. This model has very innovative and personalized features, a wide range of workout options, excellent build quality, and safety features. The Energy Series™ treadmills of Precor brand are known for their durability, functions, and comfort.