This treadmill by Precor has workout-focussed features and an excellent warranty. It comes with two methods of heart rate monitoring – touch sensors and wireless. You can also connect your smartphone or tablet to enjoy music while exercising.
It uses the Energy Stride technology for shock absorption and minimizes the stress on knees and joints. It is non-folding and has a very easy-to-operate console. Let us read ahead of the Precor TRM 223 Energy Series Treadmill review 2020 and learn in detail about this beautiful non-folding treadmill.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Precor TRM 223 Energy Series Treadmill is a machine which is well-suited for families as it can store more than one user profiles, like the necessary personal information – age, weight, etc. It is also a very safe machine to use at home and is considered one of the top-selling treadmills for home use.
Its extended handrails, underfoot cushioning, excellent customer service, etc. makes it very comfortable to use the machine. It is also one of the best treadmills below the range $3000. So, people who want an efficient tool for home use must consider this.
Precor TRM 223 Energy Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The Precor TRM 223 Treadmill is a bit heavy and needs careful assembly. You can quickly assemble it in 90 minutes by reading the instructions stated in the manual which comes along with the product. You can also seek professional help from Precor if you are not able to assemble on your own.
You must note that since this machine is neither foldable nor portable, you must carry the assembly process close to the location where you finally want to place the product.
Design and Build Quality
The design of the TRM 223 treadmill by Precor brand has a beautiful design. Its shock absorption system, Energy Stride Technology, delivers great support during workouts. Its powerful motor is designed to produce no noise and give a natural feel to the exercise. It is non-folding and not portable.
Its console has an aesthetic design and provides the right amount of workout feedback. This treadmill of Energy Series comes with storage for water bottles, tablet, smartphones, or mp3 players. Such convenient features of this model make it a popular choice amongst exercisers.
The build quality of this treadmill by Precor is robust and durable. It is built to last longer. The frame is powder coated and has extended handrails which provide reliable support.
It is well-known for its long term durability and heavy use. It can support weights up to 300 lbs without wobbling and is referred to as a heavy-duty home treadmill which gives a solid feel.
Precor TRM 223 Energy Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The motor of the Precor TRM 223 treadmill is a 3.0 CHP motor which enables smooth walking, jogging, or running. It is of commercial quality and delivers a noiseless workout experience. It has a lot of torque and power to offer interval training. It is a very durable and high-performance motor which is ideal for home use.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The touchscreen control panel of this mid-level treadmill by Precor has a blue and white LCD. Its design is aesthetic and attractive which shares the right amount of workout information.
Which is easy to use – Distance and Speed, SmartRate scale, Time, Physical Information, Graph of your workout progress. It also lets you connect your device to it via a 3.5mm connecting cable, from the back of the console.
3. Incline and Decline: The TRM 223 treadmill by Precor has a power incline, ranging from 0% to 15%. You can use the various incline levels to shift weight off your knees, simulate outdoor routes like uphill, isolate different muscles, or speed up the calorie burn.
The incline is easily controllable from the console. This kind of slope is found in consumer-grade treadmills.
4. Tablet Holder: The TRM 223 treadmill model comes with an accessory tray for its users. It has a water bottle holder, a tablet holder, and accessory pockets which is a secure holder.
5. Audio: This treadmill model of Precor gives the facility of connecting your smart device via an audio jack. This feature is suitable for uplifting the mood of the user by playing songs and exercising.
6. Tread Belt: The material of the treadbelt of this treadmill is made up of multi-ply polyester satin weaved with a PVC non-slip surface. This material ensures the safety of the user. Moreover, the dry, dry silicone lubrication on the tread belt makes it maintenance-free.
7. On/Off Cushioning: The Precor TRM 223 treadmill uses the Energy Stride Technology which helps in minimizing the stress on joints. This treadmill comes with multi-zone suspension cushions on the deck which offer excellent cushioning and austerity.
8. Heart Rate Monitoring: The TRM 223 Energy Series Treadmill by Precor has both a touch sensor and a wireless heart rate monitoring system. You need to buy the chest strap separately as it is not a part of the package.
It also has a SmartRate Zone monitoring program which measures the heart rate and displays the rate and your data in categories. This data is vital to make you workout in the appropriate zone for great results.
Precor TRM 223 Energy Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-in Workout Apps: The Precor treadmill gives you the option to bring some useful variations in your daily workout by providing with nine in-built workout programs. It also comes with built-in warming up and cooling down periods so that you do not injure yourself as you progress in the workout.
Let’s have a look at the nine training programs:
- Weight Loss: This program uses the power of interval training with appropriate intensity to keep your heart rate between 50%-70% of the maximum.
- Interval (1-1 and 1-2): This program has two variations 1-1 and 1-2. In the 1-1 interval training, you work on high intensity for two minutes followed by two minutes of recovery. In the 1-2 interval program, you get two minutes of recovery followed by four minutes of high-intensity workout. This one is more challenging than the former.
- Basic HRC: In this program, the incline of the running deck adjusts automatically within your target heart rate zone. This program is ideal for aerobic conditioning.
- Aerobic: In this program, you can define the speed, incline, and duration of your workout. It helps in conditioning the cardiovascular system.
- Cross Country: This program simulates the actual running on a dynamic terrain outdoors. It frequently adjusts the incline to give the cross-country feel and offers a reasonable variation in the workout.
- Hill Climb: It is somewhat similar to Aerobic program, but it continuously increases the incline and works excellent on the lower body.
- Random: Whenever you select this program, each time it picks up a different (random) profile.
- Manual: It lets you make your adjustments of incline, speed, etc. and carry on the workout the way you want to.
Precor TRM 223 Energy Treadmill Warranty
Warranty: Lifetime on Frame and 3-years on Console
Parts and Service: 5-years on Parts and 1-year on Labour
Customer Support: Precor delivers excellent customer service to its customers. It is highly rated in the customer service department in the industry. They promise to assist in every step with the help of professionals and experts. You can contact them at +1-800-347-4404 from Monday to Friday, between 9 am to 5 pm. You can also raise a technical query at email@example.com.
Return Policy: Precor’s return policy is very comfortable and it accepts the product back within 30 days of the purchase date, along with the original receipt. It is easy and totally hassle-free. The product must be in proper working condition with all the parts intact.
Precor TRM 223 Energy Treadmill Pros & Cons
The above review on Precor TRM 223 Energy Series Treadmill verifies that it is one of the top-selling high-end treadmills for home use. Its features match with that of a commercial treadmill and give all the fitness benefits of a training center. You get all this in the luxury of your home.
It is a mid-range model of treadmills and has high-end technology. Features like Energy Stride Cushioning, SmartRate Zone monitoring program, great built, comfortable design, etc. make it a favored choice for people who want this machine for their home.
Also, it is considered one of the top non-folding treadmills which offer a very stable platform to exercise. It has no wi-fi or Bluetooth connectivity but you connect your smart device with an audio jack and play music. Overall, this machine’s main focus is on the comfort features and not on entertainment.