Precor, a fitness equipment manufacturer, is one of the leading companies which builds cardio machines for training. The Precor TRM 211 Energy™ Series Treadmill is a fantastic treadmill which comes with decent features and excellent build quality.
It has a powerful and quiet motor, pre-set workout programs, cushioning, heart rate sensors, etc. which help in delivering a great workout experience. This treadmill is used for walking, running, and jogging and puts no stress on knees and joints.
It is rated as one of the top-selling treadmills for home use. Here, you will read the Precor TRM 211 Energy™ Series Treadmill review 2019 and know why it is the best option for home use.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Precor TRM 211 Energy™ Series Treadmill is a great machine for people who want to walk, run, or jog to attain high fitness levels. It is for people who want a luxury treadmill with gym-like quality and decent features, for home use.
It is the lowest-priced treadmill of Precor and is one of the best entry-level treadmills under $2000. It delivers the best workout one can ask for and is easy to use. Its shock absorption feature makes it ideal for people with knee and joint issues.
Precor TRM 211 Energy Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembly of the Precor Treadmill simple and does not require any professional help. It needs at least two people to assemble this machine. It is a medium-weight treadmill which you can quickly move from one place to another.
The package comes with a guide which explains how to assemble it. It is advisable to keep the machine at a distance of at least 40 inches away from walls or furniture. Overall, the process is straightforward.
Design and Build Quality
The TRM 211 is an entry-level treadmill of the Energy Series by Precor. It does not come with all the frills and features. Its designing is a non-folding treadmill and requires no maintenance. Its console has a streamlined design but is not compatible with Android and iOS.
It Energy Stride Technology delivers excellent shock absorption and comfort. The deck of this Energy Series treadmill is shorter and more compact than other models. It’s underfoot cushioning reduces maximum stress on your joints.
The build quality of this treadmill is excellent and is similar to a health club’s treadmill. It has a very durable construction and suitable quality components which deliver a solid workout. Its steel frame is welded and has a powder coating to avoid corrosion.
The deck belt requires no maintenance as it is made of multi-ply polyester coated with dry silicone lubrication. Its power incline gives a range of 0% to 15% incline. It is not a noisy machine but a robust one. It can take weights up to 350 lbs, which shows this machine is powerful.
Precor TRM 211 Energy Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The motor of Precor TRM211 treadmill is a 3.0 CHP motor. It is labeled at the motor which performs the best in the market. It provides enough torque and power to carry out interval training.
It is powerful enough to tolerate multiple workouts and still deliver reliable performance. This motor is silent, will last longer, and can speed up to 12 mph. The company gives a 5-years warranty on its motor.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The console display of TRM211 treadmill by Precor has a blue and while LCD window. It is a smaller window as compared to other models and has no audio options. It has six preset workout programs, switch keys to control the incline and speed of the treadmill.
The screen shares the vital workout information like total distance, average heart rate, average incline, total calories burned, etc. The SmartRate display along the central screen gives the heart rate level.
3. Incline and Decline: The treadmills of this range usually come with a lesser incline, but the Precor TRM 211 treadmill has an incline range of 0% to 15%. It, however, does not have a decline option.
But, users can make the best use of this incline and even do interval training at higher inclines. When you select a workout program, the incline level adjusts automatically with the type of workout you are doing.
4. Tread Belt: The tread belt of this entry-level treadmill is made up of multi-ply polyester satin weaved with a PVC non-slip surface. It requires no maintenance as it is lubricated with dry silicone. It is a non-slip belt which ensures the safety of the user while running on it.
5. On/Off Cushioning: This treadmill has a deck cushioning system which is called Energy Stride. It provides the right balance, cushioning, and support throughout the workout. The underfoot cushions give a lower impact sensation during intense training sessions. This is an outstanding feature in terms of the safety and health of the user.
6. Heart Rate Monitoring: The TRM211 entry-level treadmill by Precor has a built-in SmartRate Zone heart rate monitoring functionality which is a color-coded readout. It lets you remain within your target heart rate zone and maximizes the workout results.
The digital heart rate touch sensors give feedback on your heart rate too, like is it high, warm up, cardio, or fat burn.
Precor TRM 211 Energy Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-in Workout Apps: The Precor brand TRM 211 Energy Series™ treadmill has six in-built workout programs, which are – Weight Loss, Manual, Hill Climb, Interval, Walk, and Fun Run (10K). This treadmill has no facility for storing an individual’s workout data. Here is a description of each program:
- Weight Loss – This workout has a fixed time duration of 28 minutes. It takes the input from the heart rate sensors and your age number to calculate the maximum heart rate and your optimum fat burning zone.
- Manual – This option lets you decide the incline and speed settings as your workout take shape. It does not follow a preset workout profile.
- Hill Climb – The Hill Climb program helps in improving endurance by using the full incline range, i.e., 0% to 15%.
- Interval – This program helps in improving the overall cardiovascular health. This workout includes – cycle patterns, rest period, work period, and so on.
- Walk – This program is for serious walkers and is a low-intensity workout.
- Fun Run (10K) – In this program, the length of the workout is adjusted to 10km. The speed depends on your selection, and the incline will get adjusted automatically.
Precor TRM 211 Energy Series Treadmill Warranty
- Warranty – Lifetime warranty on frame, 3-years on the console.
- Parts and Service – 5-years warranty on parts and wear items and 1-year on labor.
- Customer Support – The customer service of Precor is excellent and handled by professionals who have a vast knowledge of the product. You can contact them at +1-800-347-4404 from Monday to Friday, between 9 am to 5 pm. You can also raise a technical query at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return Policy – If there is some defect in the product, you can either get an exchange or file for a refund. You can return the product within 30 days of your purchase date, along with the actual receipt.
Precor TRM 211 Energy Treadmill Pros & Cons
The above review of Precor TRM 211 Treadmill shows that it is one of the top-selling treadmills for home use. It may lack some frills and features, but is still beneficial in achieving your fitness targets. Whether you want to walk, run, or jog; this machine can make the workout memorable and comfortable.
Its quality is of commercial type and has very durable parts and components. Its features cater to the maximum of the fitness needs and are the best option if you want to own a luxury treadmill for home use.
Its powerful motor, incline range, cushioning feature, in-built programs, etc. all come together to make this robust and efficient treadmill machine by Precor.