It is one of the premium incline trainers in the product line up of NordicTrack brand with almost all the features you could ask for in a trainer. With x22i, you can burn up to 5 times higher calories as compared to a standard treadmill as you enjoy a higher 40% inclines and up to 6% declines.
It is named after its 22 inches, color, full HD touchscreen console that marks the best console offered in any Incline Trainer. The top class console enables the 12000 plus iFit workout videos to be streamed live, allowing you to get trained virtually in any part of the world.
This new x22i trainer is the improved version of the brand’s previous model NordicTrack x11i and comes with amazing features not offered in any other incline trainer. To know if this is your ultimate incline trainer check below the NordicTrack x22i Review 2020.
Best Suited to Whom?
If you want to add a premium treadmill to your home gym NordicTrack x22i could be your ultimate choice. Anyone who is looking forward to losing weight and stay fit can bring this trainer to home. It helps you burn 5x calories than a standard treadmill by offering greater incline controls.
Its commercial quality motor and sturdy frame are useful if you consider multiple usages in a single day. While the larger dimensions call for a bigger workout space, longer running surface makes it ideal for tall people. If you are not budget constraint this high-end incline trainer with great features could be your ideal purchase.
NordicTrack X22i Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The home users will find the assembly of NordicTrack x22i incline trainer quite easy if the given instructions are followed correctly. However, if you want assembly assistance, you can purchase the additional in-home assembly option by paying an extra amount.
It is worth as you could avoid the unnecessary tension when you don’t have another person to help. If you choose to assemble on your own, make sure you have an assistant as the machine is heavy.
Design and Build Quality
This premium trainer from NordicTrack treadmill has a solid built with industrial quality reinforced steel construction that can last for life. It is a big machine with dimensions of 70.2” L x 39.6” W x 71.6” H requiring large workout space.
With an assembled height around 72”, ceiling height requirements of NordicTrack x22i is much higher as compared to the standard machines. It comes with appealing colors mostly dark black with a grey shade.
The powerful trainer has 4.0 CHP DurX™ Commercial Plus motor that offers speed up to 12 MPH. It can handle a maximum user weight up to 300 pounds.
NordicTrack X22i Treadmill Features
1. Motor: It features a commercial plus motor with 4.0 CHP that can help you keep longer workout sessions without heating up much as it has the self-cooling ability other than reducing vibration. The powerful motor can offer the speed in the range of 0 to 12 MPH and comes with a lifetime warranty.
2. Smart HD 22” Touchscreen: The highlighting feature of this premium treadmill is the 22” Smart HD Touchscreen, the largest console offered in any treadmill. With 22” smart screen.
It offers a splendid user experience, literally reducing the need of Tablet or smartphone during the workout. The touchscreen lets you easily switch between the touchscreen features with just a finger swipe.
3. Incline and Decline Ability: It comes with incline controls ranging from -6 to 40%. It can decline up to 6 levels while inclining to as high as 40 levels, providing the uphill workout experience at the comfort of indoor. The decline feature is helpful in targeting the lower body muscles.
4. Sound System: The new x22i incline trainer features a sound system compatible with smartphones and tablets. It comes with two digitally amplified speakers with 3” size that offer great sound to keep you motivated during the workout.
5. Tread Belt: The trainer comes with a wide 22” x 60” tread belt offering great running surface. Though it is not new for a treadmill, it is definitely not very common amongst the standard treadmills to offer such a big running surface.
6. Cushioning: It features a deck with two cushioning options that you can select. While one option reduces the impact on the joints to almost zero, the other option can stimulate an experience that matches the outdoor running.
7. Heart Rate Monitoring: It features two types of heart rate monitoring system. You can monitor heart rates using the wireless Bluetooth chest straps and also from the in-built pulse sensors featured in the handlebars. Monitoring the heart rates during the workout lets you customize the workout speed and incline level to match your ability.
- Next-Gen Sled Push Feature: The real distinguisher of x22i trainer from all the previous models of NordicTrack is its next-gen sled push feature. The sled push feature means a full-body rigorous workout along with the regular cardio workouts.
X22i incline trainer has additional push bar and sled grips that help replicate the sled push workouts for added benefits. iFit Coach Plus: NordicTrack x22i incline trainer’s purchase includes one-year membership of iFit coach plus.
Offering advanced training and custom-designed workouts at beautiful locations that you can access from your workout monitor. In fact, it is the first treadmill from NordicTrack that enables this feature.
NordicTrack X22i Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-in Workout Programs: It is a high-end treadmill that comes with 44 in-built workout programs to challenge you at peak. The built-in programs are useful as once you select a particular program it lets you perform the challenge by auto-controlling the incline and decline.
iFit online programs: This treadmill features iFit program, providing access to 16000 plus online training programs set across the world. These programs are streamed online and are created by experts from different parts of the world.
NordicTrack x22i comes with free-one membership to iFit coach plus, so you can give a try before subscribing to the program.
Now you can enjoy smart workouts with an x22i trainer as it provides world-class workout options like live interactive training, new daily workouts, google maps workouts, stat tracking, and over 16000 on-demand workout programs.
NordicTrack X22i Treadmill Warranty
The company has made sure that NordicTrack x22i Warranty is excellent and satisfying. It provides a Lifetime Warranty on it’s Motor, Deck and Frame. While users get a 6-years warranty on parts and electronics, they even get a 3-year warranty on labor.
Apart from the excellent warranty, the company also offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the machine.
NordicTrack X22i Treadmill Pros and Cons
Comparison of NordicTrack X22i with X11i, X15i and X32i Incline Trainers
NordicTrack offers 4 incline trainers ranging between $2000 to $4500. The major difference between these trainers is its display size. While the base models x11i and x15i come with 10” and 14” HD smart screen respectively, x22i has the bigger 22” smart HD touchscreen. The top-end x32i incline trainer has 32” smart HD touchscreen providing a world-class experience.
The common feature among the four trainers is its 4.0 CHP or 4.25 CHP Commercial Plus Motor that can run through the long workout sessions without heating up. While the x11i and x22i models feature 44 pre-set workout programs, the newest x15i and x32i models offer a higher 50 workout programs.
Finally, all four trainers have similar features for heart rate monitoring, cushioning, and self-cooling. All of them have 22” x 60” tread belt, -6 to 40% incline and decline, 300lbs user capacity, 12 MPH maximum speed, and access to iFit Coach Plus.
So, choosing your incline trainer would majorly be based on your budget. If you have no budget constraint, go with the massive 32” smart screen trainer because large screen experiences are of another level altogether.
Comparing with other NordicTrack Treadmills
Incline Trainers are far different from the regular treadmills. They are purchased when you aim for extreme incline and decline controls for enhanced workout sessions. However.
If you need a comparison, the commercial models like 1750, 2450, and 2950 NordicTrack treadmills are closely related. NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill has most of the x22i trainer features except the 40% incline levels.
True to its claims, x22i incline trainer has best-in-class features like 22” smart HD display, 40% incline levels, and connectivity to over 16000 online personal training programs. After using the trainer, we feel it is definitely a part of the list – best incline trainers under $3000.
We feel it is apt for the big home gyms with high ceiling height and large storage space. With excellent warranty and long-lasting built, it is a good investment if you are aiming for advanced cardio workouts and leg muscles building.