Also, if you use the iFit Coach, you can begin your training on the Bahamas to the Roman streets in large, living color. It also offers a decline of -3% and an incline of 15%. It comes with a Runners Flex cushioning and three cooling fans too. You can also make use of the Livecast fitness classes from your home itself.
All these features have paved the way for this machine to be in our list of Best Treadmills under $2500.Is the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill the best treadmill for home use? Read the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill review 2020 to understand if it is the best machine for you.
Best Suited for Whom?
The Commercial 2950 Is designed For Users who:
- Wish to focus seriously on physical fitness – Irrespective of the starting point of your fitness routine, if you are keen on working hard on your fitness, a machine is required to give you the results.
- The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill can help users to get back easily into fitness and then offer some serious cardio training by way of its various workout features.
- Prefer the latest workout technology – The best use of technology in this machine is the 22” touchscreen that is mounted on the Commercial 2950. In addition to this, the machine gives its users an iFit Bluetooth chest strap which lets them monitor the heart rate while working out.
- This treadmill calls for an iFit Coach Plus membership, and hence you can choose various running destinations as well as workout regimens with a personal trainer, right from your home.
- Need a durable and long-lasting treadmill – A low-cost treadmill will last you a maximum of one or two years, even if you do not use it regularly. So if you are looking for a durable, reliable and long-lasting treadmill and for daily use, then the Commercial 2950 is the perfect one for you.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembling process of this treadmill is quite fast and would require an hour to complete. The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill manual is included with the package. Although, you would require an adjustable wrench, an Allen wrench, along with a screwdriver for completion of all the 17 steps of the assembling process.
Design and Build Quality
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill weighs about 364 pounds and outweighs the LifeSpan TR4000i (which is the lightest) by about 138 pounds. However, it is quite interesting to know that the LifeSpan treadmill can withstand a user weight of around 350 pounds.
Whereas the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill can handle a user weight of just 300 pounds. The Commercial 2950’s metal frame is quite thicker in comparison to the low-cost NordicTrack treadmills, which gives it additional stability and durability.
A feature which its users will enjoy the most is the adjustable cushioning the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill offers Runners Flex cushioning, wherein the users have to just twist a simple knob which is on the side of the deck in order to change the cushioning level of the Commercial 2950.
Switching between a cushioned deck and a deck to mimic running outdoors is not difficult. Overall, the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill has a sturdy build. It comes with a metal frame and it also has thick moulded plastic which offsets a bit of the weight of the treadmill, and this makes it good for everyday use by several users.
Though sturdy, it is not a large machine. It measures around 34” wide, 72.25” long, and 61” high. It is not a compact machine like a budget treadmill, but it also does not require more space in contrast to other treadmills in the similar price range.
The maximum speed of this treadmill is 12 MPH, which is the standard speed cap of a treadmill because many people will never require their treadmill to reach this level of speed. The Commercial 2950 has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Heavier users can opt for the TF30 as it holds up to 350 lbs or the SOLE Fitness TT8 which accommodates about 400 lbs. The machine is well-equipped with the EasyLift Assist, and this makes the Commercial 2950 a machine that can be easily folded up.
Similar to the ProForm SMART Pro 5000, the NordicTrack Commercial 1750, the Commercial 2950 offers a one-year iFit membership. This lets you live-stream all the studio workouts to the console of the machine.
You can also make use of Google Maps to run anywhere across the world and also get coaching from some top trainers. You can create four user profiles with every membership, and this makes the Commercial 2950 ideal for home use.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill Features
1. Motor Size: The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill has a 4.25 HP motor which dwarfs various treadmills in this price range. The large motor lets the treadmill function smoothly and there are no jerking movements especially when the incline or speed is changed.
2. Incline: The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill offers a -3% to 15% incline range. This gives users a wide scope for training.
3. Display: The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill offers a huge 22” HD touchscreen which is quite impressive. It enables monitoring and display of time, distance, calories burned and other data as well.
4. No Tablet Holder: Due to its size, the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill does not have a tablet holder like the ones you find on a few other NordicTrack treadmills.
5. Belt: The treadmill has a long belt which is enough for any stride size and gives a runner a spacey feel. The belt measures around 22” x 60” in length.
6. Speakers: The speakers are located right under the console fans and offer great sound quality. The speakers need to be at mid-range volume if the fans are on, but they retain the crisp and clear sound.
7. Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: It is always good to have an accurate measure of your heart rate monitor while you work out as this helps you work out efficiently. The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill comes with a Bluetooth wireless chest strap which gives a continuous reading.
The chest strap is compatible with any iFit wearable device which will give you an immediate reading. The iFit Coach membership helps you monitor your heart rate data for a long-term and check the progress in a chart form.
a. Bluetooth for Music: The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill has a Bluetooth connection for an MP3 player instead of the plug-in port that was offered on every Commercial Series treadmill. There are 3” stereo speakers which are built in the console.
b. Fans: This treadmill is specially designed for people who wish to have some serious cardio training, and hence it has 3 Autobreeze fans. Two fans are located under the touchscreen display and the third is on the crossbar/device holder which is right under the main console.
The fans cool you from different angles which makes it quite comfortable to workout. These fans automatically adjust to the pace of the user or they can manually adjust the fans. Two of the fans provide cooling to your face and the other cools your body.
c. iFiT Coach: If you have the iFit Coach, then you can choose amongst various trails around the world – right from Hawaii to even Paris. You can also follow your trainers while they lead the workout in some of the stunning places across the world.
For instance, the Swiss Alps, the Amalfi Coast, etc. This feature makes the commercial 2950 be on our list of the best treadmills for walking.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill Workout Programs
Workout programs in a treadmill control their speed and incline. Many of the home treadmills have different preset programs. Most of the best treadmills fora let their users save even personalized programs. The NordicTrack 2950 gives you an exceptional variety:
- You get unlimited programs along with the iFit Coach membership.
- The console has Forty in-built workout routines.
iFit Coach gives you infinite program possibilities and also offers customized workout suggestions. Selecting a program is quite easy and the workout coaching remains relevant despite the advancement in fitness goals and activities. Workouts are offered by iFit Coach in three formats:
(i) Google Maps: The iFit Coach allows the user to treadmill train using Google Street View. You can walk on routes in your own hometown online, or explore pathways around the world. As the view of the landscape changes on the large 22” screen, the NordicTrack Commercial treadmill will replicate the terrain on the track.
The 2950’s touchscreen makes it easy to set a new virtual training path. All you have to do is select a start and end point on the map. You can also select the workout from a workout menu which organizes various scenic routes by distance, speed, and elevation.
(ii) Interactive Video: This is quite similar to the workouts of the iFit Coach Google Maps. The interactive videos of iFit Coach have scenic views which adjust in accordance with the pace of your workout. The videos are filmed in high-definition resolution.
Each video has been created by a top each personal trainer. Occasionally, the trainer will appear on the screen and share some important training tips or even motivate you.
(iii) Classic Personal Training: The iFit Coach allows you to make numerous personal training programs. All you need to do is draw lines for incline and speed. The programs are similar to the in-built 40 programs, however.
They take care of the specific goals pertaining to speed, calorie burn, and elevation. These features make the Commercial 2950 one of the best treadmills for running.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill Warranty
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill warranty package offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and the motor, 5 years on parts and electronics and 2 years on labor. NordicTrack brand also offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill Pros & Cons
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill out beats its competitors and is worth the money spent due to the amazing upgrades. For the purpose of comparison, you can read the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Review 2020.
Armed with the 22” touchscreen, this treadmill is worth buying. The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill price ensures that the treadmill is durable, reliable and is a space saver.
It has a good incline range of -3% to 15% and a top speed of 12 mph. This machine can help anyone achieve their fitness goals. In addition to all the amazing features, the first year of iFit is offered as well.