The next question that comes to our mind is what more can you get from the 2450 Model when it comes to value for the money spent? Is it one of the best treadmills for home use? Read through the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill Review 2019 to know more about the machine.
where all the questions in your mind will be answered. The review will also give you details about the design of the machine, its safety features, the functions of the console, options of entertainment offered by the machine as well as the workout programs.
In this review, certain critical comparisons will be done between the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill and the NordicTrack 2950 in order to enable you to get the best exercise machine for running.
Best Suited to Whom?
The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill is a good option if you want a machine for your home gym. However, this machine is the perfect choice for people who require more than basic exercising. If you are into basic workouts, this machine will not be the right choice for you.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
In our review of the NordicTrack 1750, we mentioned how much quicker the assembly was compared to the C Series treadmills, as the console was pre-attached. The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill assembly steps are complicated in comparison to the NordicTrack 1750 Model.
It comes with an HDTV screen as well as a storage tray. The console can be attached easily and though there are many extra steps, all you require is more time to set it up. A major part of the treadmill comes to you pre-assembled, and this includes the console and the running deck.
What is time-consuming is getting the two fixed together with the help of uprights and upright wires. Time will also be required for incline calibration, connecting the TV, setting the wireless network in order to access iFit, along with setting a password on the console.
Right from unpacking the machine to enjoying the workout on it, you would require a minimum of 90 minutes for the assembly process. Quite similar to the NordicTrack 1750, a high-performance lubricant is used to pre-coat the belt of the NordicTrack 2450.
This ensures that regular maintenance is not required. In order to maintain the machine, you have to wipe the machine with a mild soap solution and a damp cloth. Another issue you need to keep in mind is the belt slip.
In case the belt moves off-centre, it can be set right by using the hex key (included in the package) and some idle roller screws which are at the back of the deck.
Design and Build Quality
Though the NordicTrack 2450 is an upgrade over Model 1750 in the NordicTrack Commercial series, it does not mean every aspect has an upgrade. Firstly, the motor has seen an upgrade – it is more powerful and has a 4.0 CHP DurX system which powers the incline along with the speed of the treadmill.
Powering the speed and incline of the treadmill belt, a bigger motor case covers it, which helps in reducing the vibration. There are dual cooling fans which help in maintaining the temperature and reduce the wear and tear on internal parts of the machine.
The frame, as well as the motor, enjoy a lifetime warranty. Even though the motor power has been increased (3.8 CHP on the 1750 model), the belt speed stays the same at 12 mph. Also, no changes have been made to the incline settings – the range being a 3% decline to a 15% incline.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill gives its users a super strong and powerful motor of 4.0 HP. This motor is quite good to handle intense workouts and will not face any strain to keep up with the pace of your workout. It guarantees you an uninterrupted workout.
No matter what challenge you give it, this model provides consistency, durability, reliability and adaptability. Check out some of the best treadmills for running in comparison to this model from NordicTrack.
2. Console: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill in the Commercial series is the first to offer an integrated 15″ HDTV. In order to connect it, you would need an HDMI cable.
There are a series of sockets which helps you to connect an AV cable in case you wish to watch DVDs instead of the basic television channels. The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill Tv feature is worth the price.
And when you are not watching movies or using the screen for any such entertainment, the 7″ colour touchscreen gives you clear feedback of the results of your workout and also offers an interface to set up and complete an iFit workout.
Have a look at the feedback provided on the screen:
- Incline level
- Time left
- Workout duration
- Number of calories burned
- Distance walked / jogged / run
- Speed of the belt
- Number of vertical feet climbed
- Heart rate
- Laps completed (of a quarter mile track)
The machine is web-enabled which means that while working out, you can go through your emails, check your social media profile, upload your stats online or simply browse the internet. Check out some of the other treadmills which have topped our list to be the best treadmills for 2019.
3. Large Belt Size: The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has the largest running belts in contrast to any other model available in the market today, with a width of 22″ and a length of 60″. It is also cushioned well which gives you a lot of space for walking, jogging or running irrespective of your height.
4. Adjustable Cushioning: The users can adjust the firmness of the running deck on the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill as it offers adjustable cushioning. For instance, if you want more protection on your hips, knees and joints, the cushioning needs to be turned up. For a road-like feel, the cushioning needs to be turned down.
5. Incline And Decline: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill has an incline range of -3% to 15% and for a high-intensity workout, the incline has to be set at 15%. This kind of incline and decline is not available anywhere else and at this price!
Incline and decline training is a good cardio element, and it also focuses on the lower body muscle groups which tend to be ignored while working out on a treadmill.
6. Heart Rate monitoring: Just like the 1750 model, two types of heart rate monitoring are offered by the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill. One option is where the user has to hold the CardioGrip touch sensors that are in the handles. The other alternative is to make use of a telemetry chest strap.
For onboard pulse workouts, the chest strap is the reliable alternative because the console would be requiring continuous feedback in order to ensure the user is within their target heart rate zone.
7. Adjustable tablet holder: If you love endless entertainment while you workout, then the NordicTrack 2450 is the one you must purchase. It offers an adjustable tablet holder, wherein the user can adjust the holder to your eye level. This lets you watch movies or videos without getting a strain on the neck.
8. Music Port with Speakers: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill comes with a 3” digitally amplified speakers. This gives you a way better quality of sound in contrast to the ones in the initial treadmills of NordicTrack.
You must plug your iPhone or music player into the console and then you can play your favourite numbers via the in-built speakers.
(i) Safety Features: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill comes with a safety key which can be connected to your clothing and to the console by using two clips and a lanyard. In case you trip off and cannot reach the stop button, the clip detaches from the console thereby stopping the belt.
This model is the first in the Commercial Series to offer a child-safety passcode. You can enter a 4 digit password and lock the functions of the console. This lock stops the movement of the running deck and the belt and in order to start it.
You need to enter the right passcode in case you forget or misplace the code, check the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill manual for the master passcode.
(ii) Built-in iFit live: The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill comes with an in-built iFit. This feature gives you updates on workouts from Jillian Michaels; you can keep a track of all your workouts, and the Google Maps feature lets you choose any path to run on!
Also, please note that iFit is totally a subscription-based service. You can get yourself a free membership for a year and if you wish to continue, you can do so at a small yearly fee.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Workout Programs
The NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill offers the most powerful motor and a very wide incline trainers range. The treadmills of NordicTrack are known for their top-quality as well as the variety they offer in their workout programs. The user can select from onboard programs or iFit programs or “Set-A-Goal” as well as pulse workouts.
Which will enable them to achieve their fitness goals. Read on to understand these workout programs. Have a look at the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill Price in case you are interested in the machine.
(i) Onboard workouts
- It follows certain profile settings of speed and incline. It can vary between different programs as per the different fitness level requirements and goals.
- Every program is divided into segments, and you can also override the speed of the belt or even the incline when you reach a different segment. But, once you move to the next stage, the default settings will get applied.
(ii) iFit workouts
- The model comes with a 7″ full-colour touchscreen which gives you a way better running experience in contrast to the backlit screen offered by the C Series Treadmills of NordicTrack, which makes the NordicTrack 2450 Commercial Treadmill an attractive option for your workouts.
- If you have or get a subscription, personalized workouts can be downloaded as well as routes can be downloaded onto the console. Post this you can track your progress by combining Google Maps and Street View.
- This category of workout may not be a new one for the NordicTrack brand (this has been seen on the C 630 treadmill), but the option of pace feature is a new addition.
- In this model, you can set a target pertaining to calories, time, distance, or pace goal, which will be displayed by the console. For calories, time and distance, it will be in terms of numbers, however, for pace, a target will be visible on the screen until you remain on the belt.
(iv) Pulse workouts
- This program was missing in the 1750 model. It requires the user to wear the telemetry chest strap in order to allow transmission of their heart rate to the console’s receiver.
- You can target the Pulse workouts either towards Performance or Endurance.
- Once the belt is in motion, the incline and the speed automatically adjust themselves to ensure the user is at the target heart rate level.
A manual mode is also available in case you wish to have total control over the speed and incline settings without the need to depend on the preset profiles.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Warranty
It offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years on the parts and electronics and 2 years on labour. 30-day money back guarantee is offered if you purchase it directly from the manufacturer.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Pros & Cons
When we talk about the NordicTrack treadmill or even any other model offered by NordicTrack, there is less to complain about. The machines are well-built and solid cardio machines which offer the features that you would usually find in an expensive machine.
The latest version of the iFit coach, which is a subscription-based service (at times the company gives you the first year membership free of cost), offers a variety of workouts to select from, ability to track, nutrition suggestions and many more benefits.
The belt can be adjusted to mimic the feel of running outdoors or you can even soften it to reduce impact. These features can be generally found in treadmills of companies like TRUE. NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has different models for different years owing to its popularity and in the 2450 2019 model.
The Bluetooth in the audio section is connected with MP3 players This machine is web-enabled, quiet and sturdy, and has a good size touch screen. This treadmill makes sure that you never get bored working out. If you want one of the best treadmills under $2500, go for the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 treadmill.