The Merit 715T Plus focuses on jogging, running and cardio based fitness regimes. The machine has been structured by Johnson Health Technology who is the official treadmill manufacturing partners for Merit Fitness.
It scores just about an average if we rate it in terms of the looks department, the structure is sturdily composing a decent specs motor and a 5% incline on budget equipment. Read Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Review to find out if it is one of the best buys of 2019.
We would be looking at the design details and some more specifications a lot more clearly in the subsequent sections which would give you a clear picture and an outline of what should you expect from this merit fitness treadmill.
Best Suited for Whom?
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill is a budget specific machine and it is great for people who haven’t exactly experienced this kind of before. It comes under the bracket of on budget workout equipment, and it can be used by people of age groups ranging from 18 and above.
On this price range, the Merit Fitness and the Johnson Health Technology have developed a product which is for the masses, and it can be used at any place and any time if need be.
The Merit 715T Plus folding treadmill is a novice level treadmill so that people of all age groups can adapt to it effectively. Also, it is counted amongst the best treadmills for seniors. You would be able to do a few cardio workouts after the running routine as it has a space of 18 inches by 47 inches.
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Build Quality and Assembly:
Merit Fitness offers a lot of options with regards to the same. They have a 715T Plus treadmill manual through which customers themselves can take care of the assembly or else it can be done in $99 at the official stores:
Design and Build Quality:
Merit 715T Plus has compact frames and is therefore suited for uses which are restricted. The dimensions usually range from 29 inches by 61 inches and also being lightweight, it makes up for a suitable quality of build.
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Features:
One more advantageous factor of this model is that it is very lightweight, compact and easy to use. There are a few more things which are advantageous which are listed below:
1. Motor: The Merit 715T Plus Merit Treadmill incline has the horsepower of just about 1.5 which is not decent when compared to the average motor specifications. Also, the slow motor results in a lower drive speed than the models around the same value scale.
But for the customers, it poses as an economic choice since the motor gives a pretty decent output as compared to many low price range models.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The model has a LED-infused display which offers multiple choices for an effective workout routine. Plus, it has a thumb pulse monitor which comes in handy as it registers and monitors every movement of yours.
3. Incline & Decline: The Merit 715T Plus has an inclination level of 5%, which is considered less than average than many other models. There have been cases that it wobbles a lot during heavy workout sessions owing to low inclination levels.
4. Tread Belt: The Merit 715T Plus has a very fine quality belt which doesn’t exactly match up to the usual standards. Because of this, the equipment produces a lot of noise adding up the maintenance cost at an all-time high.
5. Heart Rate Monitoring: The Merit 715T Plus has a pulse monitor at its display enabling you to keep track of your heart rate effectively.
6. Lightweight: The Merit 715T Plus model has a very lightweight frame ranging at about 29 inches by 61 inches which can be folded to fit anywhere. It weighs only about 108 pounds.
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Workout Programs:
It has three different controls based on the type of routine that you want to follow and they are,
a. Rolling Hills
b. Weight Loss
It has two distinct modes of operation, and they are manual and automatic, you can use the manual mode if you want to workout at speeds of 10 miles per hour; whereas the automatic mode clocks speed higher than the 10-mile range.
There is a display mode which also calculates relevant metrics which includes distance, speed, the time taken for the routine, and how many calories have you burned today and the current heart rate. These metrics are calculated based on the sensors that are attached to you, and they monitor every condition of yours.
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Warranty:
Warranty – 90 days warranty on the product.
Parts and Service – Some parts have as long as a year’s warranty at best.
Customer Support – Merit Fitness has a 5-day customer hotline at which you can convey your queries. The contact number is 877-50 – Merit and you can reach out to them at the timings from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Merit 715T Plus Treadmill Pros & Cons:
If you are looking out for treadmill equipment which is affordable, compact and you do not care too much about the specifications; then the Merit 715T Plus Treadmill incline will work great. It is one of the best treadmills under $1,500 and is suitable for limited usage and not designed for the heavy ones. It also has a reputation for prompt customer assistance, but that is secondary.