In comparison to other treadmill models in the offering of Horizon, this model does not disappoint either. The best upgrade is the 3.0 CHP motor, and it is one of the most recommended treadmills under $1000. You can read through the 7.0 AT Treadmill Review to get a better idea about the machine.
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill is one of the two latest models introduced by Horizon. It is an upgrade over the new T202. This treadmill is one of the best treadmills for runners. The treadmill comes with a steel frame that forms the strong base for the machine.
It is quite strong, durable and can handle an intense run. The motor of 3.0CHP is very strong and powerful, quiet and has a warranty of a lifetime. The running deck of 60” is a little longer than the basic 55″, thereby making it perfect for taller runners and people having a longer stride.
Best Suited for Whom?
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill has been created for users who:
- Require a treadmill that can withstand the greater weight. The treadmill can handle a user weight of up to 325 pounds.
- Want a treadmill for jogging or running. The strong motor of 3.0CHP makes it suitable for jogging and walking.
- want a simple interface on their treadmill. If you don’t want a lot of features and extras, then this treadmill is a good buy. The interface is clean and easy to navigate.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
During the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill Assembly process, it is advised to place a protective cover on the floor. The box should not be opened on the side. Once you remove the banding straps, make sure you do not lift the unit until you assemble it completely and it is placed in an upright folded position along with the lock latch in place.
You must unpack and assemble the treadmill in the place where you will be using it. The treadmill comes with high-pressure shocks and might spring open if wrongly handled. Never grab any part of the incline frame or try lifting or moving the treadmill.
You can go through the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill Manual which comes with the package before you assemble the product.
Design and Build Quality
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill’s frame is quite durable and is able to withstand any strenuous workout routine. In comparison to the frames of plastic of many other models in the budget-friendly range, the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill will give you strong and steady run every single time you use it.
The machine is quite heavy and this ensures you have a strong surface for running even if you opt for a high incline or speed. This also gets rid of any movement or bouncing while you run and makes your workout a quiet one. This is an advantage if you share a living space with others and do not wish to disturb them.
The treadmill is on the heavier side can handle a user weight of around 325 pounds. This feature is usually seen in some of the best treadmills over $1000. The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill lets many users get on to this treadmill. The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill can be folded and it joins our list of the best treadmills for small spaces.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill comes with a powerful and strong motor of 3.0 CHP which makes it good for running. This can be found even in the Elite T7-02 treadmill model which is priced at $1600.
All Horizon Treadmills have a good quality, strong motor which you can count upon. The motors of Horizon are not off-the-shelf products purchased by some third party.
The motors are built in a manner to ensure less maintenance and proper integration. They offer top performance at even lower RPMs and this ensures the machine gives a smooth and quiet workout every single time.
2. Belt: The size of the running belt of the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill 2020 is quite comfortable for many users. The length of 60” x 20” makes it good for taller users and those having a long stride. The 1.6mm 2-Ply Belt will be needing regular maintenance. Though quite thin, it can handle regular use, however, it will require lubrication.
3. Incline: Irrespective of the kind of workouts you wish to do, be it speed intervals, long distance or HIIT, the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill takes care of all these needs. The incline trainer offered by this treadmill is 15% and the top speed is 12MPH.
The right combination of incline and speed gives the users a great workout. For the purpose of comparison, go through our list of some of the best treadmills for HIIT.
4. Display Screen: The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill has a 7” LCD screen and a 16 digit alphanumeric LED display. There are no fancy upgrades on the technology front. It includes an Advanced Bluetooth Connectivity which helps you stream media from many devices and you can monitor your heart rate, play music or monitor your fitness statistics.
The free Horizon Fitness App gives you a real-time workout monitoring and also helps you to control all your workouts from the device.
5. Variable Response Cushioning: This system is found on Horizon treadmills and is great as it reduces the impact on your joints when you run. This 3-zone cushioning is designed in a manner to work with the user’s natural stride.
More cushioning is received at the front of the treadmill belt where there is a need for shock absorption while landing. The rear surface is a bit harder which lets you push off to get a good forward motion.
6. Speakers: There are two Bluetooth speakers with this model and they give offer a superior sound quality because the streaming takes place from the Bluetooth-enabled devices.
7. Heart Rate Monitoring: The handlebar grips which help you track the heart rate are shaped quite uniquely in a curve, unlike the models where it is positioned straight. However, this does not bring about more accuracy but is just visibly appealing. For comparison, you can check out some of our best treadmills with heart rate monitor.
(i) Fans: The base of the Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill has a small fan, which can only be felt by those who walk.
(ii) Bluetooth Tracking Capability: The upgrade in this treadmill that excites a user is the Bluetooth tracking capability which the T101 Model did not have. This feature allows users to track the heart rate and also make use of their smartphones or tablets wherein they can use the free training app to control the treadmill.
The user can also check their workout statistics, sync the fitness data with the fitness programs they use, fix goals and you can also listen to your music while you workout via the enhanced and improvized speakers.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill Workout Programs
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill has a variety of workout programs for its users that are in-built in the machine. They focus on calorie burn, 5K training, fat burn, max heart rate, distance runs as well as a manual setting.
Users can also make use of the free AFG Pro Fitness application and you can sync it up through your smartphone or tablet. However, you must note that the training application could lead to the crashing of your device.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill Warranty
Horizon Fitness Brand offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 3 years on the parts as well as cushioning and 1-year coverage on the labour. You can reach out to the team via email or phone. They also offer a 30-day return policy.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill Pros & Cons
The Horizon Treadmill is the right balance between a strong build, attractive features, and a good price. Though the treadmill is not ideal for running, it is a good choice for those users who wish to walk or lightly jog, and if the user requires a higher user-weight capacity treadmill.
The Horizon 7.0 AT treadmill is a good buy as it comes at an excellent price. If you are on the lookout for a treadmill which can withstand your demanding running routine and also want one in your budget, the 7.0 AT is a great option. Similar Horizon machines consist of T202, Adventure 5, and Elite T5.
The three-zone variable cushioning is a great inclusion as it protects your joints. The connectivity to various devices, be it Android or Apple devices, as well as fitness apps, ensures you remain motivated while you track your workouts, and it also offers a decent warranty. So here is a solid treadmill, worth buying!