This treadmill is foldable and comes with two wheels to manoeuvre it inside the house. Its console may not be high-end but is decent enough. It provides four main workout applications. The user can perform his daily cardio or even weight loss workouts on this excellent machine.
There is no fear of heating up of this machine due to prolonged use and is designed well to accommodate any kind of running routine, be it jogging, running, or simply walking. Thus, the best folding treadmill that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Best Suited for Whom?
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill is the best folding treadmill under $1000. It is well-suited for people who wish to have an effective workout at home. This machine is ideal for beginners and devoted people, alike. One can perform walking, running, or jogging on this and enjoy a consistent workout, every day.
Let’s talk about its features in detail which makes it the best buy.
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembly of the AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill model is easy and straightforward. It takes 45 min to 1 hour time to add the handlebars, lateral console masts, and the console. The deck with rollers, belt and motors are already attached when you receive the package. The manual is very descriptive and provides the instructions.
Design and Build Quality
This is a folding treadmill and doesn’t take much space. You can fold the deck with the help of a hydraulic cylinder, when not in use. This cuts the machine length by half. It measures 71” x 34” x 57” and has a sturdy construction. It is stable, and its steel frame comes with adjustable rubberised stabilisers. Its base comes with two wheels, hence moving and handling is not delicate.
The deck’s running surface is of medium size and has shock absorbers. This feature helps you work out more without joint or lower back pain. It supports users up to 300 lbs of weight and 6’ of height.
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill Features
1. Motor: The AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill comes with 2.5 CHP motor. This motor copes prolonged workouts at max speed without getting heated. It comes with a small flywheel which reduces the level of vibration and adds toughness to the belt’s motion.
You must connect this machine to a power circuit of 110-120V. The speed of the motor is 0.5mph to 10mph. The motor is not noisy but does produce a sound of temp during a running session. This creates an issue in case you are living in an apartment building.
2. Touchscreen Control Panel: The AFG Sport 5.5 AT Model comes with a primary LED display showing – distance, time, heart rate, calories, incline, and speed. The control panel features four workout applications with different levels of difficulty – Manual Mode, Weight Loss, Intervals, and Target Profiles. There are discussed later in this article.
The control panel creates and saves various user profiles and also enables you to swap between saved workouts.
3. Incline and Decline: This model has a motorised incline system which is adjusted from the control panel. It offers ten levels of incline from 0 – 10% with the help of up and down arrows on the panel. A small motor is attached which raises the front of the deck to the level you select. This adds diversity to your workout.
4. Audio: This model comes with a unified built-in audio system, an assimilated audio jack and surrounds speakers. You can put your favourite soundtrack and enjoy your workout with the headphone plugins.
5. Tread Belt: The tread belt of AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill has a starting speed of 0.5 mph, and its dimensions are 55 x 20 inches. After that, you can adjust the speed with 0.1 mph increments which are terrific. It lets you decide the ideal pace for your workout. You must wipe the tread belt to avoid small particles to get inside the motor and cause damages.
6. On/Off Cushioning: The deck of this machine has excellent and variable response cushioning which reduces the impact of running on your joints and back. It makes the workout experience less tiring and more comfortable.
7. Heart Rate Monitoring: The metallic sensors measure your heart rate. Only if your hands on those metallic sensors, only then it can show you the heart rate.
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill Workout Programs
Built-In Workout Apps: The AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill has four workout apps which are built-in with the machine. It offers multiple levels of difficulty to provide you with a great workout. These are as follows:
- Manual Mode: In this, the user puts on the treadmill and adjust the speed and incline as per choice. He is free to do what he wants.
- Weight Loss Mode: This mode has ten difficulty levels, with the sole purpose of burning calories.
- Intervals: This mode has ten levels of difficulty, with different speed intervals. The speed changes automatically.
- Target Profiles: It has two categories: Target 1– Distance, which has 13 distance workout programs (mile, 2 miles, 5 miles, 5k, 8 miles, 10k, 10 miles, 15k, half marathon, 20k, 15 miles, 20 miles, and marathon goals). Target 2 – Calories, which has 9 pre-set workouts for burning calories (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, or 900 calories).
It lets to save various user profiles in case multiple are using the machine. You can swap between your saved workouts.
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill Warranty
Warranty: It offers a lifetime warranty on frame and motor.
Parts and Service: It provides a One year warranty on parts and labour.
Customer Support: You can contact customer support in case of any issue or concern via email – firstname.lastname@example.org and phone – 001-855-396-2524. You can also view videos and see the FAQs on their website.
Return Policy: In case you want to return your item, then do so within 30 days of the original purchase to enjoy a refund. The items must be new and unused in case of a return. The customer will bear the shipping costs in case of a return.
AFG Sport 5.5 AT Treadmill Pros and Cons
The AFG Treadmill is superb and best treadmill for home use. It is light in weight and has a solid built. It is foldable and easily movable due to the two wheels at the bottom. The above discussion of its features shows how robust this machine is.
Since this machine is foldable, it does not eat up much space in your house. It gives added comfort to your workout by providing an in-built audio system and surrounds speakers. It can accommodate users with different running routines, like walking, running or jogging. You can also use it in losing body fat or in improving the things that you are already working on.
This model by AFG is the entry-level AFG treadmill and your right answer when you are looking to pick up a good machine. It is not so expensive and is the best treadmill under $1000. AFG treadmills always offer the best in each category and give you full control of your workout.