Stretching exercises are important for any workout as they have a lot of physical benefits. This is the reason why a stretching exercise should be done the right way. Effective stretching can improve the flexibility of the body and in the movements in the joints.
It also has a positive impact on the overall health of an individual. Read through our Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Review 2020 where we discuss the features, the specifications, the pros and cons of this amazing fitness machine.
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer enables the user to stretch many areas in the body completely, inclusive of the hamstrings, the lower back, the inner thigh/groin, gluteal/hips; the hips/legs/back, the quadriceps, the shoulder sand the upper back.
These benefits make the Precor 240i a great piece of fitness equipment that makes sure your body is totally prepared for any workout and cools down adequately post your workout. In addition to this, you can use this stretcher for even a stand-alone workout that is designed to improve the suppleness of various muscle groups and ease the movement in important areas.
Best suited to Whom?
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer enhances the coordination, adaptability and general athletic execution of the user by extending every single day, either prior to a workout or post the workout or as the user begins their day. The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer puts the user in an ergonomically revised extending position for several extreme benefits.
The 240i Stretch Trainer gives the user a bit of assistance with finishing a viable extending regimen in about 10 minutes while being situated serenely. The machine is best suited for those who wish to have a good stretching exercise and improve their flexibility.
Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Assembly, Design and Build Quality
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is quite easy to assemble. The machine is of the best quality and hence is the most preferred fitness machine. The overall quality of the machine, as well as the simplicity and clarity of the instructions, are quite good.
Many stretching machines come with instructions that are quite bad and tough to understand the confusing illustrations. However, the user manual of the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is very clear, right from how the wrist straps have to be used.
Check out our list of best stretching machines 2020 for more information on the different models available in the market. Each and every step is written very clearly and most of the steps have a clear image.
There is a quick-reference checklist for the parts right at the beginning, and you can check if you have everything prior to starting the assembly process. Precor also gives a professional assembly service for all their equipment, however, the timescale may not always be ideal. It would require a waiting period of about 3.5 weeks.
Design and Build Quality
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is one such full-body stretch machine that has been designed to focus on every major muscle group. This covers your hamstrings, upper back, lower back, hips, glutes, shoulders, and legs.
The frame of the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is constructed out of top-quality steel and it is coated with an anti-corrosion and scratch paint as this prevents the machine from rust and scratches and preserves its original appearance.
On the front of the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer, you can find an instructional placard, that highlights about 8 different important stretches along with diagrams. This is a good reference guide that can help you to create your unique stretching workouts.
In case you wish to compare a few products, you can have a look at the Proflex Stretching Stretch Machine and the Stamina Inline Back Stretching Machine.
The machine comes with a wide base and a steel frame that gives the user the required confidence to perform intense stretching exercises as well as improve their flexibility. The machine also comes with secure wrists straps that are fixed to the bottom of the handles.
The Precor 240i is quite a safe piece of fitness equipment because the only resistance is the weight of your body. The pivoting seat makes it an enjoyable experience while doing a deep stretch in your shoulders and back.
The seat can be folded and gives you the required space to do the standing stretches for the quads. Unfortunately, the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer does not have a removable calf board. This means that you have very limited options for calf stretches.
If you are into a lot of running and require to stretch your calves, a better option could be the Nitrofit Limber Pro. This machine is one of the few stretching machines which offers a full-body stretch and has a calf stretch station that is adjustable.
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer has no motor, no console, no resistance, and it does not require batteries or even an electric outlet to function. It is a machine that has metals, a seat, a placard, knee pad, handlebars, as well as wrist straps.
Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Features
1. Padded panels: The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer has a padded seat that is made using premium-quality upholstery. It also pivots back and forth and enables the user to execute various stretching exercises comfortably and easily. The knee pads also are padded using the same material which is used for the seat.
2. Handlebar: The handlebar of the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer comes with a multi-grip design and it supports different grips for several stretching routines. The handles are well-coated with foam material and it offers a lot of comfort along with a firm grip while the user does their stretching exercises.
This gives the user the required control for the entire period of their stretching exercise. At the bottom of the handlebar, a twain wristband is available which is to be worn while stretching to get additional control and protection.
3. Adjustable back support: The seat has padding which makes it very comfortable for the user. It is pivotal and can move back and forth which enables the user to execute different stretching exercises easily and comfortably.
4. Wrist straps: The machine with its ergonomic design makes sure that the correct stretching position is maintained by the users. It has wrist straps that offer additional and enhanced security.
5. Ability to accommodate users of all sizes: As mentioned earlier, the unit can support users of different heights easily, however, and it can support a user weight of about 250 lbs approximately. A person who is about 6’5” tall can also find this machine quite comfortable, durable and sturdy.
6. Storage: The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is not very large. It is quite a compact machine and its overall assembled dimensions are about 52 inches long by 28 inches wide by 36 inches tall. In short, a workout area of just about 4.3 feet long by 2.3 feet wide is enough for this machine. The same area would be required for storage as well as the machine does not fold.
7. Noise: The pivot points on this machine come with bushings that are quiet and self-lubricating.
8. Stability: When it comes to the stability of the machine when the user does their stretching routine, it does not wobble due to the robust base frame that blocks unwanted movement from happening.
The machine’s rear stabilizer has rubber caps on every end and there is an additional set of pads that are at the front base and are designed to safeguard the floor from getting damaged.
9. Weight: The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is quite a lightweight machine and weighs around 60 pounds/27.2 kg, which makes relocation easy even though the machine has no transport wheels.
10. Illustrated placard: The placard resembles a flat console however it is an instructional placard having diagrams of all the different stretching workouts that can be performed by the user.
According to the illustrated placard, the user can work on the lower back, hamstrings, hips/legs/back, gluteal/hips, the inner thigh/groin, shoulders, upper back and the quadriceps.
Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Exercise options
If you are someone who has not made use of a stretch machine anytime, you may wonder how to stretch the right way using the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer. There are leg stretch machines such as the Century Versaflex and the Valor Fitness CA-27 that are basic models but are effective.
All you have to do is be seated and keep your legs on the pads, crank the handle or the steering control till you reach the stretch position that you desire.
Machines such as the Precor Stretch Trainer offers its users a totally unique stretching experience. There are instructions that show the user how to stretch the main muscle groups effectively. You can also find a placard that is mounted on the handlebars
The targeted muscle groups are:
- Lower back
- Gluteals, Hips
- Hips, Legs, Back
- Inner Thighs, Groin
- Upper Back
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer has a list of guidelines included in the package for both Active as well as Static stretching at home. This is one of the best stretching machines for home use. Static stretches should be held for about 30 seconds, whereas the active stretches must be performed in 1-2 sets of about 5-10 repetitions for around 1-2 seconds each.
Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Warranty
The manufacturer offers a five-year warranty on the frame, a warranty of two years on the parts and 90 days on the upholstery.
Precor 240i Stretch Trainer Pros and Cons
The Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is quite a popular piece of fitness equipment for an intense muscle stretching in the comfort of your home.
The machine ensures that your stretching positions are ergonomically right in order to make sure that the user is comfortable throughout the entire workout, yet it helps in enhancing the flexibility of the movements of the body.The placard is quite a convenient guide that enables you to select the best stretch exercises, or even helps you out in case you need to update your stretching routine.
The warranty is one of the best offered for a stretch device and is a testament to the high-quality build from Precor. Though the machine might be a bit expensive in contrast to other models like the ProFlex Stretch Stretching Machine, it offers you the best!
Be it customer service or material quality, Precor offers you the best of everything. So, in case you are on the lookout for a good alternative to stretching on the floor, along with standing as well as seated stretch positions that are best suited for people belonging to any age groups, the Precor 240i Stretch Trainer is highly recommended.