Best Weight Lifting Power Rack 2019
If you are a bodybuilder, then it is inevitable for you to work with weights. So, barbells are also something that can’t be avoided. And if you want to maintain them well and use the weights, buying power rods strength training home gyms are almost inevitable. They are like stands that can help you keep the weights while working out. They can be of great assistance and you will surely feel the comfort when you work out.
There are not many different choices but still, it will we confusing for many people to choose the right one for them. You don’t need to worry as our experts have made a proper guide to give you a good idea regarding the power racks. This will help you to get the best power racks and get better workouts sessions.
Best WeightLifting Power Rack 2019
Top Best Power Rack Buyer’s Guide
There are people who get too excited and just jump into using any equipment without paying attention to what needs to be done to get the best out of the equipment. This can bring more harm to you than you can imagine. Not just that, a lot of factors have to be considered before you make your mind about buying the best power rod home gyms. We have listed them out below to make the job easier for you.
1. Space: Let’s face it; if you are a weight lifter then there is no way around for you other than buying a power rack. They will help a lot in keeping your workouts safe and will also keep your weights organized. Power racks come in a variety of different sizes. But we can expect them, to be normally around 6ft tall and 4ft wide. Since you will anyway be buying it make sure that your gym space has enough space to accommodate one. If not, then consider buying a smaller one.
2. Stability: As we have told earlier, power racks are going to be your trustworthy companion during weightlifting so make sure that you get a strong one or else you will risk the weights to fall on you during workouts. A strong build ensures your safety and it also justifies the existence of power racks. Power racks must be made with hard materials. If too much soft materials are used, then avoid it. The heap limit of the power rack must also be comfortable for you.
3. Size: Every equipment is not made the same, so find the size that suits you the best. Power racks come in different sizes so you need to try them out to make sure that they are perfect for your size. Normal sized ones will be enough for most of the people with average size and the weights handled by them. But if you are a heavy bodybuilder and want to use heavy weights on them then consider getting a stronger and a taller power rack.
4. Ease of use and adjustability: Power racks must be comfortable for you to use because there is no point in getting something that will take away your time while working out. There are power racks that come with easy adjustable self-clasping pins which can go till the very bottom of the power rack. This gives you the ability to do floor pressing. There is nothing like the best weight lifting power rack. It is all based on the convenience of the users. So check out the reviews of all power racks and get the best one for you.
5. Rack stabilizer: Nobody wants to fall off with the power cage or power rack so it will be a good idea to get a proper stabilizer with it if it doesn’t have anchor holes on the power rack. There are people who love their power racks to stay close to the ground and because of this, they hate rack stabilizers. It is all about personal choice and it isn’t related to the utility. So, check whether you like it or not.
6. Accessories to Consider For Your Rack: Power racks have a utility factor that can help you make your workout better. People generally buy extra weights to make their workouts flexible and intense so a facility to hold these extra weights will of good use. There are other accessories like these that could make your experience better.
7. Olympic Weight Set: Most of the commercial gyms have Olympic weights with them. In case you can’t find them, it is normally kept near the squat racks or near the bench press area. From what we have seen we found the Cap Barbell Olympic weights to be performing well as advertised. There isn’t actually much complicated for you when you are choosing an Olympic weight as there aren’t that many variations among them.
You must know your fitness goal to decide on what kind of weights you will need for working out. That information is enough to get the best set of Olympic weights. But there is one thing that you need to check out for. The size of the hole, if it is 2 inch or an inch to make sure that it will fit on your barbell. If you pick up one with a hand grip then it will be easy for you to handle them.
8. Olympic Barbell: There are several brands that are into making good quality barbells. You can get barbells in two different sizes. The Olympic barbells come at the 6-foot size and 7-foot size. The standard one you usually see in the gyms is of 7-foot size. This is a simple choice but it really is important.
If you get the wrong sized barbell, then it won’t fit into the power rack catches or j-hooks. Make sure to get compatible barbells for your power racks to use them together. The bar catches are usually given with the power racks if not you may need to buy them additionally.
There Are A Few Things To Note About Which One To Pick
1. As we have already told that the length of the power rack and barbell has to match or else you won’t be able to use both of them together. With a properly sized one, you can easily put them on the weight holes and arrange them neatly on the power rack.
2. The maximum weight capacity is not a big issue if you only work with light weights like average people. But this is a big concern if you are a big bodybuilder who wants to pump up his muscles and is planning to use a lot of weights with them.
To help you get started fast, we have listed out the things that you need to get to make the experience better.
1. Olympic Collars: Since you will be placing heavy weights on the power racks so some safety mechanism must be placed with it to avoid the weights moving around. There are many cheap options available for you to make this easy for you. Generally, the best weightlifting power rack will be having the steel spring clamps which can be used for securing the weights on the power racks.
But, if you want to add variety into them then you may need to choose Olympic weight collars but they are costly. For the people to whom the looks matter, this might be a worthy buy. But these will only become a necessity for the people who will be working with a lot of weights; others will be fine without it.
2. Adjustable Weight Bench: Everyone uses a weight bench with the weight lifting power rods. Make sure that the bench press you get can easily fit inside your power racks. So, check the measurement before making the purchase. It shouldn’t be cramped into the little space available. If you are planning to bench press alone, then be aware of the highs and lows that you will be getting with the spotter bars.
You can also do the incline press using the bench press. For a proper incline press, the bench press needs to be fit for it has to align well with the j-hooks. If you need more information about them consider reading our articles on the best workbenches. The best power racks we have listed out have bench presses coming with them as a combo. It will be convenient to buy them together as the power racks and bench presses will work well together.
Power Racks Summary
Our experts have made the best effort to get you the best weight lifting power racks. So, the job of selecting the best one has become easier. It will become a lot easier if you have your budget decided. And then think of the additional accessories that you may require for doing dips or pulls ups. Deciding on these will help a lot in narrowing down your options. As always we are happy to help you with anything so please feel free to contact us if you are still confused.
Before making the purchase it will always be a good idea for you to check them out directly in the shop or the gyms. This will help you in making sure that you do not regret your decision later on. Good luck in getting the best weightlifting power rack and start shaping your body with weights.