This model of Bowflex offers the 200Ibs of power rod resistance that is not upgradable as in the high-end models like Bowflex Blaze Home Gym, Bowflex PR3000 Home gym, and Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym. This fitness equipment is driven by multiple pulley system.
That helps the users to change the resistance levels as per their convenience. The user can opt for 25+ exercise options for targetting different muscle groups of the body along with having the cardio training. This Bowflex home gym has got a rolling seat.
That provides the opportunity for having the best rowing sessions. The dedicated media rack helps the user to enjoy music or workout videos with precision.
You can also have a close look at the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym review to understand its functionality, features and much more.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is revered among the best home gyms that are designed to provide strength training along with aerobic sessions. If you prefer to workout on your arms, chest, shoulders along with having the lower body workout, then you must opt for this Bowflex fitness equipment.
This machine is equipped with rowing machine rail that helps to provide cardio benefits, thus maintaining the cardiovascular health of the user. If you look forward to having the strength training combined with aerobic workout sessions, then this home gym works best for you.
Overall, it is the best home gym under $500 that has got all the features of a contemporary home gym with incredible functioning.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The assembly of Bowflex PR1000 Home is quick as the user requires to follow the instructions as shown in illustrations for better understanding. The packing of equipment comes with Allen wrenches, but still.
The user needs to have screwdrivers and adjustable wrench to get the assembly done correctly. But, the user can also opt for hiring a professional who can assemble the equipment but would charge for his service.
Design and Build Quality
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is rated among the best power rod home gyms that are designed using the heavy-duty steel that speaks about its durability. This home gym has got the dimensions measuring 84”x38”x 81” along with the running surface measuring 100” x78”.
The power rod resistance system is used in this home gym that can be upgraded to 210 Ibs from 5 Ibs depending upon users’ preference. The power rods are designed with incredibly strong and premium quality steel that makes them long lasting and safe to use.
The multiple pulley system adds to the comfort of the users with high-strength braided steel cables. The seat of the home gym is designed with durafirm leather padding of superior quality that makes it durable and the backrest is also supportive for intense workout sessions.
The handles are designed with soft padded grips that enhance their usability for various workout sessions. Therefore, this home gym tends to offer the best and durable features with advanced functioning at less than $500 that makes it among the best buy home gyms of the year 2020.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Features
1. Power Rod Resistance: This Bowflex fitness equipment has got power rod resistance that simulates the free weights and that too without any fear of injury. The users can avail maximum benefit of the power rod resistance along with ankle cuffs, hand grips and roller to have lower and upper body workout.
2. Adjustable Seat: The seat of this home gym is designed with premium leather that makes it comfortable to use. Moreover, the sliding rail on the seat turns the equipment into a rowing machine station for cardio sessions.
3. Resistance: The resistance of this home gym is limited to 210 Ibs and can’t be upgraded. Its a beginner level equipment that comes with a resistance level that is less than all the upgraded models including Bowflex Xtreme2 SE, Bowflex Blaze Home Gym and Bowflex Xceed Home Gym.
4. Bench Press: This home gym is equipped with a horizontal bench press that helps in toning and strengthening the legs.
5. Aerobic Rowing: The sliding rail on the seat converts this equipment into well dedicated aerobic rowing sessions.
6. Folding: This Bowflex home gym has folding provisions that make it the compact home gym.
7. Body Weight Capacity: This home gym is meant for heavyweight people with 300 Ibs weight capacity.
8. Safety Measures: The safety instructions are mentioned in the manual of guidelines to ensure that the user exercises safety measures while using it.
9. Olympic Free-weight Rack: This equipment has got power rod resistance that provides the experience of using free weights. The user doesn’t need to fear injury or back pain while using this equipment.
10. Multifunctional Press Arms: This home gym is packed with multifunctional press arms that aids in improving the functionality of the equipment by providing more flexibility to the users in different workouts.
11. Other Features
a. Play Music: This fitness equipment has a dedicated media rack where the user can place his phone or tablet to enjoy his favorite music and preferred workout videos.
b. Leg Developer and Row/Curl Handle: The leg extension/curl add to the workout of the legs to make them stronger.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Workout Programs
1. Goal Tracking: The home gym comes equipped with Bowflex Body plan that allows users to engage in the workout and set their defined target and achieve them accordingly. It encourages users to move out of their comfort zone and achieve their fitness goals.
2. Multiple cable/pulley positions for custom workouts: This home gym is accessorized with the multiple cable pulley system. The users can modify the angle of resistance and bring variations in their workouts with the pulley system.
3. No. of Exercises: This fitness equipment is powered with 25 + exercise options that allow users to select their preferred workout and derive maximum results from it.
4. A lot of Other Exercises: The Bowflex home gym offers varied workout options to the users to keep them motivated. Thus, users can engage in strength building exercises along with aerobic sessions.
The provision of bench press along with incline bench press, decline bench press adds to the versatility of the exercise options to the users.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Warranty
The Bowflex brand home gym is equipped with a five-year warranty on the power rod with a one-year warranty on the frame. The users also have the warranty on the parts of the equipment for 60 days. The brand offers this valid warranty that enhances the reliability of the Bowflex fitness equipment.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Pros & Cons
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is a durable machine that is packed with numerous workout programs and resistance level that is perfect for beginners and intermediate users. Its pricing and features make it an ideal combination of weight loss, cardio, and total body workout.
If you prefer to have the upgraded level of resistance to 310 Ibs and 410 Ibs, then you can go for its improved version of Bowflex PR3000 Home gym or Bowflex Blaze Home Gym. But, considering its price range and the features.
It offers with strength training and cardio sessions make the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym make it rank among the best portable home gyms of the market.