The device is fully compatible with a tablet or Smartphone-based training apps and shows real-time heart rate, calories burned, and training zones.
The dual-band technology allows the Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor to work efficiently via Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ that enables it to connect with GPS watches of Polar, Apple, Garmin, and others.
It also works efficiently well with iPhone 4S and Android devices having the Andriod4.3 version. Read more about Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor, Bluetooth / ANT+ review 2019 to know about its versatile functioning.
The device is waterproof and sweatproof and offers compatibility with the Third-Party Apps, including MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Apple Health, Nike+ Running, and Cyclemeter/ Runmeter. Overall, a must-have product for fitness users.
Best Suited to Whom?
Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor is acknowledged among the best Bluetooth heart rate monitors that allow the accurate assessment of heart rate during different phases of workout sessions.
It is recommended for those users who prefer to achieve cardiovascular fitness and aim to workout within a specific heart rate zone. It is ideal for users who intend to engage in weight-loss workout programs.
As both the weight-loss and cardiovascular workout programs incorporate the workout of the heart, so it becomes essential to measure heart rate during the workout. It would enable users to workout in a targeted heart rate zone where maximum weight-loss and cardio health benefits can be attained.
Moreover, the heart rate zone helps to define the required targets that the users need to attain to accomplish the preferred outcomes. Besides, the users who need to measure the frequency, timing, intensity, and workout duration that should be in sync with the fitness goals of the users must go for this device.
It enables users to measure the relevance of their workout concerning their heart rate monitoring and they can ascertain whether they are close to their fitness goals or vice-versa.
Additionally, users who look up to the Bluetooth compatible heart rate monitor must go with this device. It allows all Smartphone and tablet-based devices to measure accurate heart rate monitoring during the workout sessions.
It is highly suggested for users who look forward to having a budget-friendly device as it falls under the category of best heart rate monitors available under the price range $100.
Wahoo Fitness Tickr Bluetooth / ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor Assembly, Design & Build Quality
The Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor is undoubtedly one of the most accurate heart rate monitors of the fitness industry. It is viewed as the most secure, reliable and accurate device for having precise heart rate monitoring during the workout.
The dimensions of this chest strap are 2.75″ L x .5″ W x 1.5″ H and it weighs 8.5 grams. It operates with a coin cell battery that lasts twelve months, and the battery is replaceable.
It offers the provision of Bluetooth and ANT+ for having wireless connectivity with both GPS devices and Smartphones at the same time or separately.
It offers real-time heart rate monitoring with calorie count, and two LED lights are blue and red. The blue LED light shows connection and red LED light shows heart rate monitoring.
It also has third-party integrations that allow it to work efficiently with over 50 apps. The prominent apps include Nike+ Running, Strava, Runkeeper, and MapMyFitness.
The chest strap is not uncomfortable to wear and it is sweatproof and waterproof strap with adjustable features. It can be adjusted from 23” to 48”.
The straps on the TICKR are designed to connect to both the ends of the monitor with the use of snaps. The quality of the snaps is not sturdy enough as users have to be extra careful while snapping and unsnapping the strap.
But, if used with care, it can promise excellent results. Overall, it proves to be among the best Bluetooth heart rate monitors for ultimate precision.
Wahoo Fitness Tickr Bluetooth / ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor Features
1. Heart rate zone alarm: The Wahoo Fitness heart rate monitor shows an accurate heart rate during workout sessions. But, it doesn’t come equipped with heart rate zone alarm.
2. Timers: The device shows the heart rate, and there is no provision of timers, alarms, and stopwatch in it.
3. Calories burned: This device from Wahoo offers precise information about the calories burned during the entire workout sessions.
4. Time in zone splits: No provision of time in zone splits in this device.
5. Fitness test: Users can take fitness tests by using this device in different indoor and outdoor fitness activities.
6. Computer/app link: This Bluetooth and ANT+ compatible device provides adequate integration with Wahoo fitness app and third-party integrations for optimal results.
7. Monitor Type: The monitor is simple and easy to read for the users.
8. Recovery heart rate mode: No availability of recovery heart rate mode in this unit.
9. Calorie counter: It measures calories burned when connected with the Smartphone or tablet.
10. Speed and distance monitor: The users can view the distance covered during the workout on the monitor.
11. Digital interface: Users can maximize their fitness by using the Smartphone or tablet for having a user-friendly interface.
12. Tethering: No provision of tethering in this device.
13. Fitness trainer: The user doesn’t get a fitness trainer with the device, but the Wahoo fitness app supports a plethora of sports activities that include indoor and outdoor activities.
14. Coded transmitter: No provision of coded transmitter is there with this device.
15. Sport-specific features
- Like stroke recognition for swimmers – The Wahoo heart rate monitor syncs the data with preferred devices or apps even while the user is swimming. This type of heart rate monitor is perfect for swimmer as it covers lap swimming, swimming, and open water swimming, but doesn’t provide stroke recognition for swimmers.
16. Rechargeable Battery: The device operates with a coin-sized battery that has a shelf life of twelve months and is replaceable.
17. Bluetooth: This device from TICKR is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and allows effective synchronization of the heart rate monitoring with different apps and Android and iOs devices.
Wahoo Fitness Tickr Bluetooth / ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor Workout Programs
Pre-programmed workouts The Wahoo heart rate monitor is an excellent addition to daily workout sessions. It provides a simple and efficient way for users to connect their heart rate monitoring with their preferred fitness devices and training apps.
The device doesn’t arrive with pre-programmed workout sessions but still, it offers a plethora of workout opportunities as the Wahoo fitness app supports a variety of sports activities.
These activities include cycling, treadmill, running, indoor cycling, track cycling, trail running, track running, mountain biking, cyclo-cross. Moreover, users can also use this Bluetooth, and ANT+ assisted device during their cardio class, workout, mountaineering, golfing, kayaking, canoeing, snowboarding, and a lot more.
There are other outdoor activities like kiteboarding, rowing, sailing, windsurfing, swimming, open water swimming, lap swimming and a lot more. Thus, if the user engages in any workout session indoors or performs adventurous activities, the TICKR device is always there to monitor accurate heart rate monitoring.
Moreover, third-party integrations allow the Wahoo TICKR device to make the workout more engaging and results-oriented. Users can improve their performances using apps like MapMyRun, Runkeeper, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal, Nike+Run Club, Strava, Runtastic, and others.
Therefore, users can enjoy versatile workout sessions using third-party integrations with ease and effective results.
Wahoo Fitness Tickr Bluetooth / ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor Warranty
Wahoo Fitness is a reputed name in the fitness industry for providing the fitness bikes, and devices. The brand offers a one-year limited warranty on its TICKR heart rate monitor.
The brand offers the warranty from defects in workmanship or material under normal usage for one year from the date of original purchase. But, the defects resulting from improper usage, tampering, alteration or modification, power surges, unreasonable maintenance are not covered.
The brand Wahoo Fitness would have the discretion to replace or repair the product without charging anything from the customer. But, the customer needs to bear the shipping charges and make sure that unauthorized usage or handling of the product has not been done to claim warranty coverage.
Wahoo Fitness Tickr Bluetooth / ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor Pros & Cons
The Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor, Bluetooth / ANT+ is recognized among the best chest strap for heart rate monitoring as it offers incredible tracking of heart rate during the entire workout sessions.
Its key selling features include compatibility with ANT+ and Bluetooth to connect with Android devices, iPhone and GPS watch along with Apple watches. Moreover, the Third-Party Integration along with better quality and comfortable user experience makes it a recommended choice of fitness experts.
But, if you opt for more advanced features like having running analytics, treadmill mode, indoor cycling cadence, and onboard memory, then you can upgrade to Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor. It is available at less than $100.
However, if you intend to buy a smart, and well-designed heart rate monitor with durable features, then TICKR is the preferred device. The Wahoo TICKR review states that this is a basic device that has got all smart features for heart rate monitoring that helps to provide valuable heart rate input during workout sessions for optimal fitness outcomes.