Fitness is paramount these days in the busy lives we lead and also it is important that we monitor our heart rate while performing exercises to know how much or if less we are working out. Polar FT7 is the finest and very good quality Heart Rate Monitor, which can lead your fitness regimen to an altogether different level. Main features of this monitor comprise of the energy pointer, exercise guidance, an exact number of calories burnt and so on. This device is certainly going to make your exercise routine fun thereby leading to accomplish your fitness targets.
Polar FT7 is known for its accuracy. As it comes with chest strap and a wristwatch mode. Chest strap monitors are looked upon as more exact because they transmit the data to the wristwatch from the chest strap in a coded form (polar own code 5khz coded transmission). This feature helps to avoid tampering of other nearby devices which means the device receives the readings from your transmitter only to ensure the accuracy of the reading of the monitor.
Ease of Use
Polar FT7 is a very acceptable monitor as it is very easy to use in the following ways:
- Regular heart rate reading: Without disturbing your work routine heart rate reading is displayed on the monitor by the just click of a button.
- Heart Touch: This feature provides a button to note the present time as well as all the readings in a quick manner. All you have to do is just get the watch close to the chest strap only for a few seconds. The present time will be displayed, and then it will go back to the previous screen.
- Graphical target zone indicator: This device can also monitor the level of Intensity of your workout.
- Comfort for Chest Strap: To ensure the comfort while wearing the monitor it has been provided with a very soft fabric cloth that takes the shape of your body. The other feature like it can be hand washed makes it very easy to maintain. The monitor is available in the size of M to XXL (30-45 inches) which is easily fit in for most of the people. It has been made available in other sizes too like XS or Small for which order can be placed separately (check the price for XS/Small Chest Strap).
- Energy Pointer: to monitor the effectiveness of the workout routine this feature helps you to see whether you are burning the fat or focusing on cardiovascular activity.
- Manual target zones: To set the definite target zone you are provided with the special feature with which monitor can be set during training, for example, beats per minute (bpm), the percentage of your maximum heart rate, or percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%). This rate can also be set automatically, for which look at Polar FT60 and FT80.
- Audible Alarms: The monitor has been provided with an alarm that will beep when you cross your permissible heart rate limit. Its volume is low which cannot be increased as per the feedback received from its users. So whenever you are in crowded areas you need to view the watch as the sometimes alarm may not be audible. The other good part of FT7 is, it allows you to set the heart rate limit for yourself.
- Data Transfer: Polar FT7 compatibility with PC, MAC and polarpersontrainer.com makes it an interesting buy. For this Power, flowline is required which needs to be bought separately. A special link is also attached to it which connects the device to compatible gym equipment.
- Memory: As much as files can be stored in its memory along with weekly history.
- Calories Burned: An Owncal feature provided with the monitor displays not only total calories spent in a single session but also in the overall training.
- Display: Display of the monitor is easily accessible in the dark as well as dim light. This is possible due to the large and easy to read display that it has along with the backlight.
- Watch with Time and Alarm: It also acts as a normal watch with a display of time and date attached to it. Audible alarms can also be set on the monitor.
- Battery: Replaceable battery provided with the monitor is very easy to replace.
- Water Resistance: Its water resistance feature makes it useful while swimming too as readings can be viewed underwater up to 30 meters deep. But only caution applicable here is that it is not advisable to use the buttons attached to it under water.
- Multi-Language Support: It supports English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian.
- Value for Money:
- Undoubtedly Polar FT7 heart rate monitor is valued for money. Features of the monitor are excellent in comparison to its peers.
- Warranty: Two years
User Manual provided with the monitor is a very useful guide to know about its features. The detailed comparison may also be referred for other monitors of the company like FT7, FT4, and FT1.
Though some of the features like stopwatch, pedometer and GPS might be missing in the FT7. But this model is a basic level heart rate monitor and can be easily used for your daily exercises.
This heart rate monitor by Polar is very popular among its users. With its amazing features, it is an excellent buy for all and gives you complete value for money.