In the strapless monitors which are prevalent in the sports and fitness industry nowadays, the watch comes with sensors fitted in it, one at the top and another one at the bottom of the watch. To get the heart rate, the sensors need to be touched with fingers. Hold it steadily and the heart rate will come on the display screen. Accurate readings will come when the watch touches the skin.
These heart rate monitors are considered to be more accurate than chest strap ones as the strap may not be fitted well or it may react with the cloth and lead to inaccurate readings.
This Omron HR-210 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Review talks about the features and the plus points that make the heart rate monitors more preferred device rather than the strap monitors.
The Omron HR-210 is a strapless heart rate monitor, and there is no need to wear the strap. Most of the users feel that wearing the strap in the chest leads to discomfort during the workout. Also, to get accuracy in their readings, the strap has to be wet. But with this Omron model, there are no such hassles, and you can very comfortably carry out your exercise.
It is an option with the Omron HR-210 to set alarms and alerts in case your heart rate goes very high or very low during your workout. The watch can be programmed in such a manner that you can get alerts when your heart rate goes out of the pre-programmed target zone. It also comes with a calendar that is built-in so that the training days are kept a record of.
- Accurate: The Omron Strapless Heart Rate Monitor is an accurate device, and the only thing that is needed to be taken care of is the placement of the dial. Also, the heart rate should not be measured when one is performing the exercise, running or swimming. It is advisable to take a break of 30 seconds and then take the readings.
- Watch: the stopwatch of this heart rate monitor can also be put to use during working out. Intervals can be set in a periodic fashion for the monitor and the stopwatch. Rest intervals can also be inculcated in the routine by making use of the stopwatch.
- Continuous reading of the heart rate: The heart rate is displayed in an accurate and instant manner by this heart rate monitor. With the help of this, you can accordingly adjust your level of exercise so that you workout within your training zone and also can attain your fitness goals.
- All you need to do to access your heart rate is place your fingertips on the metal plates. Your heart rate will be detected in about 6-10 seconds. To exit, either remove your fingers or just press any other keys.
- Calories burnt: With the help of this heart rate monitor, you can also track the number of calories you burnt. When the stopwatch is running, if the reading is taken at that time, then the number of calories can also be seen. You can make all your settings like age, weight, gender, etc. and these details will calculate the calories that you burn and also track the progress of your workout.
- The watch has a backlight also.
- The HR-210 Strapless Heart Monitor is also water resistant. It can be used to 164 feet while swimming.
- It also has a stopwatch with which you can have a timed workout.
- The device also gives alerts when the battery is low. But the battery of this heart rate monitor can be replaced.
- For you to get the most benefits out of your workout, it is advisable to train in the proper training zone. If you exercise in the range of 50-80% of your heart rate, then it is the ideal range. There are three training zones that this heart rate monitor has. When you program the watch, the lower percentage of the area will be the lower heart limit whereas the higher percentage will be the higher heart rate.
- The Omron HR-210 comes with a one year warranty.
Users primarily felt that it is good value for money, and most other heart monitors of this range are not strapless which is a plus.
Drawbacks of the Omron HR-210 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor
- Some users felt that there were many other heart rate monitor watches that give better features than this one. But then it is also a fact that they will be much costlier than the Omron HR-210.
- Another drawback according to some users was that the watch does not show continuous heart rate readings.
There is no doubt that there are other products which are adept with more features as compared to the Omron HR-210, but it is also true that they are not available at such a less price. It is a very affordable device and can help you keep a track of your workout and also the number of calories that you burn. According to me, that is all that you want your heart rate monitor to do, isn’t it?