Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker is a wrist band tracker that tracks the number of steps walked, distance traveled, calories burned, time spent being active, and time spent sleeping to let you know how active you have been throughout the day.
It has a Segmented LCD with Negative Mode with a display size of 25.5 mm x 10 mm and backlight for an easy read even in the dark. Vivofit 2 comes with 2x Replaceable CR1632 coin cell batteries that have a life of one plus year and weighs just about 0.89 ounces.
It is water resistant to 5 ATM which means you need not worry about going to shower with the tracker on. Vivofit 2 is one of those Wearable Activity Trackers that provides a daily step goal and auto syncs with the paired mobile devices at strategic intervals with the help of heart rate monitor Bluetooth Smart version.
It syncs with Garmin Connect, a free online community that not only tracks your progress but also lets you join online challenges to compete and compare with your friends and family from different parts of the world. When you remain inactive for more than an hour, Vivofit 2 reminds you to get active with a beep alert and a red move bar.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker, Black is a moderately priced activity tracker that you can buy at a price less than $200 and provides you with one-year protection. The box includes a large and a small band, however, Garmin Vivfit 2 bands are available in the market for your purchase when the original bands get torn off.
It also comes with a USB ANT stick to connect with your computer. Read Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker, Black Review 2019 to know more about this amazing tracker.
Best Suited to Whom?
If you are one of those people who wants to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle, then it is suggested that you go for an activity tracker that tracks your daily metrics to motivate you towards a healthier life. Garmin vivofit 2 Activity Tracker is one of the best heart rate monitor performing activity trackers available for you costing just less than $200 in the market.
Its box involves two bands – one large and one small to fit different size users. Whether you want to track the steps taken, distance traveled, heart rate, calories burned, time or even the amount of time remain inactive, Vivofit 2 displays all the metrics with accuracy.
It even suits those who want to challenge others or compete with others by joining the online community Garmin Connect.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Heart Rate Monitor Assembly, Design & Build Quality
Garmin brand has the ability to track the following daily activities – steps taken, distance, time, calories burned, and heart rates (when used with a heart rate monitor).
Additionally, it has a sleep monitoring feature that can track the total sleep, periods of movement, whether it is a restful sleep or restless sleep, etc. It also features beeper and move bar that alerts you when you are inactive for more than an hour.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Heart Rate Monitor Features
1. Display: Vivofit 2 features segmented LCD display with Negative Mode for easy and clear reading. It comes with a display size of 1.00” x 0.39” or 25.5mm x 10mm and a backlight that lets you read the data even in the dark.
2. Activity Timer: Garmin vivofit 2 Activity tracker features Activity Timer that helps the users to record and save a timed activity which can be a walk or a run that can later be sent to Garmin Connect to monitor the performance. It can even record your heart rate when a heart rate monitor is paired.
3. Water Resistance: It is water resistant to 5 ATM meaning the tracker can be used 24/7, for e.g., even under the shower or rain.
4. Battery: This activity tracker has 2X Replaceable CR1632 coin cell batteries with a battery life of one year plus to help the users to avoid worrying about the battery replacement for more than a year.
5. Bands: It has improved clasp allowing the band to stay shut on the wrist. Vivofit 2 box includes large and small band, which are available for ordering separately if get torn off.
6. Personalized Goals: Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker has the ability to know your current activity level in order to assign you with a new attainable daily goal. When you achieve the assigned goal, it will automatically set the next level goal, thus motivating you towards a healthier life.
7. Bluetooth: It features Bluetooth Smart that syncs the tracker with a heart rate monitor personal devices such as a smartphone or a tablet to track the performance by connecting to Garmin Connect app.
8. Move Bar: Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker features move bar and beeper to warn you when you become inactive. The move bar builds every 15 minutes until it gets reset through an activity like walking for a few minutes.
If you remain inactive for an hour, a red move bar appears on the display and the tracker alerts you with a gentle beep sound.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Heart Rate Monitor Workout Programs
Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker automatically syncs with Garmin Connect, a free online community where you can track your progress and sleep patterns, breakdown an individual activity, and join online challenges to get virtual badges.
Garmin Connect mobile app is available for Android and IOS applications so that users could easily track through their smartphones. Garmin Connect is also available via desktop.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Heart Rate Monitor Warranty
Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker comes with a one-year warranty, protecting the device from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.
Users can download the Garmin vivofit 2 Activity Tracker Manual from the company’s website to learn the features and usage of the device.
Garmin Vivofit 2 Heart Rate Monitor Pros & Cons
Garmin heart rate monitor has been accepted as one of the good performing wearable trackers by many users that monitors and displays their daily metrics to motivate them towards a healthier lifestyle. It can accompany you 24/7 to keep you active by alerting you when you remain inactive for a long time.
With Vivofit 2 activity tracker, you can monitor not only how active you have been throughout the day but also how have been your sleeping pattern to know whether you get enough restful sleep.
Another important factor that makes Vivofit 2 a desirable activity tracker is its ability to sync with Garmin Connect to let the users take up online challenges for added motivation.