The Sole Fitness R92 is well-equipped with pedals that are ergonomic and a seat that is fully adjustable. It can accommodate a lot of users. The Sole Fitness R92 comes with two distinct options for monitoring the heart rate and a console with 10 programs.
Out of which two programs are training programs for the heart rate. Check out our Sole Fitness R92 2020 Review for more information on its features and specifications.
R92 comes with an in-built fan, a holder for your water bottle, a plug-in for your MP3 player or iPod, and many more which make this a perfect fitness machine for beginners. The R92 is quite similar in terms of certain features to the Sole LRC Recumbent Bike.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Sole Fitness R92 Recumbent Bike is the low-impact bike from Sole which has been specially designed for home gyms. This bike helps people in losing weight, tone their body, or make use of rehabilitative training to rebuild their strength.
It is a good choice for many trainees but it is not best-suited for elite athletes. Check out some of the best recumbent bikes 2020 to check out other models.
Sole Fitness R92 Assembly, Design and Build Quality
The Sole Fitness R92 Assembly process is not that tough. If you wish to have professional help, you will have to pay additional money for the service. However, this bike can be easily assembled at home. The various parts, nuts, washers, and bolts, are packed in separate little packages and this enables you to locate them easily.
You will need tools like wrenches as well as screwdrivers. The package comes with a Sole R92 Recumbent bike manual which is straightforward, as all the instructions are simple, clear and can be followed easily. The Sole Fitness R92 is not very heavy and can be assembled on your own.
Design and Build Quality
The Sole Fitness R92 bike has a solid, sturdy, steel frame along with aluminum/plastic shrouds which give it a compact design. The bike’s construction is quite and can withstand a user weight of 325 lbs.
The frame and the seat can withstand user weight of higher capacity, however, this depends on the shape of the user’s body. The distance between the bike’s handlebars might not be very wide.
In comparison to other fitness bikes like the Sole E95 elliptical trainer, this bike isn’t very large. The footprint of this bike is 57″L x 30″W and can easily fit in a small room. The bike weighs about 152 lbs, and you may require the help of another person to unpack, carry, and assemble it.
The weight only adds to the overall stability of the bike. In short, this bike won’t stumble even if the weight of the user is very close to the maximum user weight. Along with that, adjustable levelers are on the bases of the bike which lets you stabilize it well on irregular surfaces.
The stabilizers have rubber caps, and this prevents any kind of damage to the flooring. The brand Sole Fitness R92 Bike has a strong built. The flywheel is about 26 lbs and has a weight of about 152 lbs.
The bike’s frame is constructed out of heavy-duty steel tubing frame and is covered in aluminum. Sole Fitness offers a lifetime warranty on the frame. This is a great buy whether you are a novice or a fitness expert.
It’s going to hold up to your most intense workouts and be around for a long time. Have a look at some of the best recumbent bikes for home use.
Sole Fitness R92 Features
1. Flywheel: The Sole Fitness R92 is heavy and has a well-balanced flywheel of 26 lbs it gives a balanced feel to the user.
2. Magnetic Resistance: There are about 20 resistance levels in this bike which makes the workouts challenging for any user. Magnets are used to deliver resistance and gives you a smooth experience.
3. Seat: The seat and saddle are quite deep and comfortable. This ensures that you get a suitable position to ride. With proper adjustment, users can find a good position that does not put any form of stress on the lower back while you work out. The bike has a seat that can be adjusted in 12 different positions.
4. LCD Display: The Sole Fitness R92 is well-equipped and comes with an onboard computer. Through its LCD screen of 9”, the user can go through details on calories burned, heart rate, distance traveled, etc. The bike also comes with an MP3 player.
5. Charging Port: The bike has an advanced console as well as an eddy current brake. This makes it necessary to connect the bike to a power circuit of 120 VAC. It has an adapter, however, this specific model does not come with an ON/OFF switch.
In order to switch it off, the bike will have to be unplugged. Also, the Sole Fitness R92 is not self-powered. To benefit from resistance, the user has to plug in the bike.
6. Magnetic Brake: The drive system of this exercise bike is belt-powered, and this involves a very heavy-duty belt, along with a solid crankset that is responsible for the movement of the flywheel.
7. Ergonomic Pedals: The pedals are quite ergonomic and comfortable. They are angled to about 2 degrees and have an adjustable saddle. So the user can use this bike for about an hour without any discomfort. The ergonomic design of this bike has a 2° inward which helps in avoiding sore knees and feet.
8. Handles: The handlebars are attached to the bike’s seat. The handles move with the bike’s seat when it is adjusted, but these cannot be adjusted to any specific angle. The handlebar also has two cup holders on each side. The hand-grips are at an angle of about 45°, and they have pulse sensors.
9. Heart Rate Monitoring: The Sole Fitness R92 Bike comes with two options to monitor your heart rate while you exercise. The stationary handles that are on both sides of your seat can be used or else, Sole Fitness even offers a chest strap that can be used.
This is a good feature as it gives you the choice to focus on heart rate zone training. This bike also comes with two heart rate programs that are preloaded in the console which offers intense exercises.
10. Transport wheels: The Sole Fitness R92 comes with transport wheels that are mounted on the front. However, the bike still has a lot of weight to be moved on just a few wheels.
It is better to find a suitable place for this bike and leave it there. It is not the most ideal bike for people who live in apartments with little space.
11. Other Features –
(i) Music – The Sole Fitness R92 comes with a port that helps you set up your MP3 player or iPod and you can play your favorite music while you work out. This is very good for people who wish to have their own workout playlists.
(ii) Cooling Fan – The bike also comes with an in-built cooling fan which keeps the user cool while the workout
(iii) Water Bottle Holder – The Sole R92 also comes with a water bottle holder which ensures that the user remains hydrated while working out.
Sole Fitness R92 Workout Programs
The Sole Fitness R92 Bike has workout programs that are divided into 4 categories -manual, custom, heart rate controlled, and preset profiles.
(i) Manual – In this program, if the user just wants to sit and cycle, all they have to do is feed in the basic data and the session begins. They can adjust the resistance at any point in time as the program does not have any preset pattern.
(ii) Custom – the bike has 2 customized workouts that can be chosen from. The steps are similar to that of the manual program, however, you can also set the
(iii) Heart rate controlled – The Sole Fitness exercise bike R92 is well-equipped with everything you might require to begin a heart rate controlled program and also includes a wireless chest strap transmitter.
The user has 2 options to select from, each one is programmed to ensure your heart rate is within a certain range (For instance, HR1 is 60%, HR2 is 80%). The resistance adjusts automatically and keeps you at the chosen level.
(iv) Preset profiles – There are 5 different preset programs that have been designed to help the user achieve a certain fitness goal. The programs are under the names ‘Hill’, ‘Cardio’, ‘Fat Burn’ ‘Strength’, and ‘Interval’. Every program’s profile differs based on the goals but can be further classified as under:
- Hill – It helps in improving the endurance
- Fat Burn – It increases the burning of fat by trying to keep the heart rate at a maximum of 60% to 70%
- Cardio – It increases the cardiovascular function by making your heart stronger, strengthening your lungs, boosting the lung capacity and improving blood flow.
- Strength – It increases strength in the muscles of the lower body by cycling at high resistance levels
- Interval – It helps enhance the endurance by way of depleting along with replenishing the oxygen levels over 4 rounds. The main benefit of the R92 is that its console prompts the user to enter their weight and age, which is needed to enhance the accuracy of feedback on the number of calories burned.
Sole Fitness R92 Warranty
The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 3-years on the parts and one year of labor service, on this bike.
Sole Fitness R92 Pros and Cons
Overall, the Sole Fitness R92 Bike is a high-quality bike that also gives the ergonomic, entertainment and usability benefits that can be found in a few high-end exercise bike models.
Though this bike does not have many in-built workout programs like the cheaper bikes like Reebok 610 and the Nautilus R614, it is a good investment due to the high comfort level and its sturdy design.
The seat design and the powerful lumbar support increases the comfort and reduces the risk of aches or pains from positioning the body wrongly. The in-built speakers, as well as the support the bike offers to its users to play music from their iPod or an MP3 player, gives them a more entertaining workout experience.
The Sole R92 has an excellent warranty which makes it worth considering. You need not think twice while purchasing this amazing exercise bike.