It is revered as the top-line product of the brand in the recumbent bikes series offering Bluetooth connectivity and RideSocial compatibility. Both these features uplift the bike riding experience to another level of perfection and deliver exceptional results.
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is an advanced model with added features as compared to the Schwinn 230 model with a $100 increase in pricing and robust performance.
This exercise bike comes packed with 29 workout programs, and 25 resistance levels with 17Ibs flywheel. Read more about the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review 2020 to know more about this performance-oriented exercise bike.
Also, it provides telemetry enabled heart rate monitor, contoured seat, and DualTrack blue backlit LCD for exciting results.
Best Suited to Whom?
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is viewed among the best exercise bikes for home use. This exercise bike is ideal for people looking for a cost-effective bike with impressive features. It costs under the range of $600 and comes packed with a highly-efficient feature line to assure incredible results.
As it provides multi-users profiles, so it can be an excellent option for a big family. Moreover, the workout sessions are quite low-impact and gentle on the knees and joints. So, people with backaches and joint pains should consider buying this exercise bike.
People looking for cardio workout sessions can find this exercise bike truly useful, and it also aids in toning the lower body as well. Users who seek to buy a recumbent bike with Bluetooth connectivity and prefer to analyze his workout sessions should opt for this exercise bike.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Assembly, Design and Buiild Quality
The assembly of the Schwinn Bike is straightforward, but it is a bit time-consuming process. As the exercise bike arrives in lots of smaller pieces, there is a need for one to two hours to put together the entire machine.
But, users can take the help of instructions and guidelines that make it extremely easy to assemble the exercise bike with precision.
Design and Build Quality
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is viewed among the best recumbent bikes for home as it offers incredible durability at an affordable range of less than $600. The build quality of this exercise bike is impressive. and users have experienced excellent results for optimal fitness levels.
The dimensions of this exercise bike are 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches, and it weighs 86.6 pounds that is exactly the more than twice the weight of an XTERRA exercise bike. The bulky weight of the bike adds to its overall performance of the bike as it won’t wobble even during high-strength training exercises.
The whole bike is designed with steel, and the center part of the frame is designed with the support of two levelers. There is a thick crossbar tubing that helps to connect the seat to the rear leveler. It helps to add more stability and strength to the overall structure of the bike.
The exercise bike supports a large-sized backlit LCD screen that offers multiple user-profiles and numerous workout options to the users. There is a dedicated place for a water bottle holder, and users can enjoy their workout with the three-speed cooling fan.
This recumbent bike supports high-speed inertia, 17Ibs flywheel for smooth pedaling momentum. The 25 levels of resistance offer intense workout sessions. The bike is not powered by batteries and arrives with a 1.5A output AC power adapter, 120V 60Hz AC Input, 9VDC, and easily plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Features
1. Adjustable Resistance: This Schwinn exercise bike provides the benefit of 25 levels of resistance using the Eddy Current Brake Magnetic Resistance. Thus, both beginners and pro users can optimize their workout by modifying the intensity of their workout sessions with precision.
2. Magnetic Resistance: This recumbent bike from Schwinn operates with Eddy Current Brake Magnetic Resistance. The exercise bike operates quietly as 17 Ibs flywheel provides resistance. The users can benefit from digital controls to modify the resistance levels.
The increments in the recumbent bike are small as compared to other bikes, but it helps each user to derive the accurate match and get the desired level up more effectively.
3. Seat: This recumbent bike arrives with a contoured and padded seat with well-ventilated lumbar support that helps to provide enough cooling to the users to help them focus on their workouts.
The seat is plusher and at the same time, extremely comfortable, especially for people with backaches. Moreover, users can adjust the seat as per their convenience as multi-users can use the bike as per their comfort.
4. Handlebars: This exercise bike has got two pair of handlebars that are not adjustable, but, still, the users can modify the angle of the console. The handlebars at the console post are meant to provide easy on and off-boarding from the bike.
But, the recumbent handlebars are equipped with heart rate sensors. Both the handlebars have rubber foam padding for incredible comfort level.
5. LCD Display: This exercise bike employs the same monitor that is used in Schwinn 170 upright exercise bike that displays 13 statistical parameters. These parameters are further segregated into two columns. The first one shows the current workout sessions, and the other one shows the progress of workout goals.
The results are shown in intensity, pulse, calories, RPM, overall distance, and a lot more. It motivates the users as they can monitor their performance and progress as compared to their goals. Also, users can transfer all workout sessions via USB drive to MyFitnessPal and SchwinnConnect.
6. Charging Port: This exercise bike doesn’t operate with batteries as the user has to plug into the wall outlet for efficient performance. This recumbent bike easily connects with any standard wall outlet using a 110V-120V circuit, and it comes with an AC power adapter.
7. Ergonomic Pedals: The recumbent bike arrives with a high-speed, high-inertia flywheel that makes this bike close to the ground along with its three-piece pedal crank system. Also, the oversized pedals with toe-cages provide comfortable and safe workout options to the users.
8. Leg stabilizers: Schwinn recumbent bike arrives with two levelers on the bike to keep it stable and safe even during rigorous workout sessions.
9. Heart Rate Monitoring: This exercise bike provides heart rate monitoring with pulse heart rate sensors. These sensors are positioned on the handlebars that are located close to the seat for easy access.
10. Transport Wheels: The recumbent bike can be used and stored easily with the front-mounted wheels
11. Weight Capacity: This recumbent bike supports the maximum 300 Ibs user weight as its sturdy steel frame is capable of providing the best workout sessions even for heavier people.
12. Other Features:
- Play Music: The recumbent bike arrives with the sealed acoustic chamber speakers and an auxiliary port for MP3 and iPod compatibility.
- Cooling Fan: This recumbent bike is designed with a three-speed cooling fan for smooth and focused workout sessions.
- Bottle Holder: The water bottle holder is easy to access and helps users to remain well-hydrated even during strength training sessions.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Workout Programs
Built-In Fitness Programs: This recumbent bike is equipped with 29 inbuilt workout programs that provide incredible exercise sessions to the users. This exercise bike supports four user profiles to track their fitness records and make the required changes to achieve their desired fitness levels.
The console of the exercise bike comes equipped with versatile workout options and fitness tests. Moreover, each user can easily create and save four workout routines.
The 29 preset bike workouts are divided into the following categories:
- There is one Quick-start (manual mode) program.
- Three fitness tests (beginner, advanced and recovery) are designed to suit the requirements of the users.
- Four user-defined programs help users to track their fitness details.
- The nine heart rate control programs (four beginner, five advanced). These programs help in providing precise heart rate monitoring.
- There are 12 profile programs on this bike.
Also, the recumbent bike is designed with the provision of compatibility with RideSocial as mentioned below:
The RideSocial is a mobile app that is designed for Apple and Android devices. It enables the users to workout with different locations of the world. The app allows users to watch preview and optional pay to download mixed reality workout videos.
Moreover, these HD videos can be played easily on a home entertainment unit or on mobile phones to enable users to enjoy bike riding with street-level views in HD with precision. The users have ample options to choose their riding locations that can be Venice beach, Ireland’s Blair Castle, Tibet, and many more.
Some of the routes are filmed with the use of VR 360 technology that enables users to virtually look around and enjoy sight-seeing while riding the bike. This app makes users’ workout more promising as it is a social app that show other RideSocial users who are in the user’s route and enables them to coordinate timings with their real-life friends.
Goal Tracking: This recumbent bike offers the provision of goal-setting to its users. The LCD screen of the console shows the “Goal” data field. The users can use the parameters of distance, time, and other objectives to attain their goals.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Warranty
The name of the reputed brand of Schwinn equals the high-end build quality, striking features equipped with a valid warranty back up. Schwinn provides a ten-year warranty on the frame with two years of warranty coverage on mechanical parts and one year warranty on electronics.
Users also derive the benefit of warranty coverage on Labor for 90 days. Schwinn’s is known for its highly-responsive customer care service with its representatives available not only on the telephone, email but also on a social media platform like Facebook.
Thus, users can benefit from the warranty coverage from the brand to enable its customers to enjoy the optimal use of the exercise bike.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Pros & Cons
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is rated as one of the top-selling recumbent bikes for home. It is reviewed as the best affordable bike that boasts of advanced features with multi-user profiles. Also, the low-impact workout with step-thru design and 25 resistance levels make it a promising exercise bike for home users.
However, it’s only drawback is its 17Ibs flywheel that may not appear challenging to the pro fitness enthusiasts. So, if you prefer to buy a recumbent bike with massive flywheel capacity, then we suggest buying the Sole LCR Light Commercial Bike.
It comes packed with 31Ibs flywheel, 10.1” screen, and 40 resistance levels. Also, it has been upgraded to provide Bluetooth compatibility to support workout data across different apps like FitBit and Sole Fitness app. It is available under the range of $1500.
On the contrary, the Schwinn 270 bike is a budget-friendly exercise bike that offers all the features of a high-end recumbent bike. Also, it supports all the features that are rarely found in the recumbent bikes of this price range of less than $600.
Therefore, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike review states that it is a recommended exercise bike for beginners and pro users with versatile exercise options, varying resistance levels, and heart rate monitoring. Overall, it is the exercise bike that wouldn’t disappoint the users in any way and prove great for long-term use.