The PhysioStep MDX provides an effective and trouble-free cardio workout of the total body with a low impact. Since the sitting position is recumbent, you can enjoy a relaxing and steady exercise. Furthermore.
The elliptical nature of the stride is remarkably smooth and does not over-stress your joints and read more about this trainer in the PhysioStep family of Recumbent Cross Trainers review 2019.
Best Suited to Whom?
The PhysioStep MDX is a perfect choice for people having low mobility, as you can not only adjust the swivel seat but can also rotate (90 degrees) it. Being one of the Best Elliptical Over 2500$, the seat back and arms of the trainer are also fully adjustable.
Thus making it suitable for a broad range of users, be it physically fit or physically challenged.
HCI Fitness PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Assembly, Design & Build Quality
Partial assembly of the trainer is already done before delivering it to the customers. You only need to assemble the seat, display and arms which is quite a simple process, as the manual (comes with the packing) provide you with the complete and easy to follow steps to do the same.
Design and Build Quality
The trainer has an exceptional build quality and comes with a sturdy frame which lends stability to the machine during strenuous workout sessions. The handles come with an ergo-grip which helps in providing extra comfort while doing the workout.
Also, you can fully adjust the arms, seat and seat back thus enabling you to ride the exercise bike as per your convenience and comfort level.
HCI Fitness PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Features
1. Display – The trainer has a large, high definition LCD Display (9”) so that you can read your workout information (speed, time, distance, pulse, RPM, watts, calories, 16 resistance levels) in a clear and simple format. It also allows you to export your workout summary (including averages and peaks) to a USB.
2. Stepping Motion – The stepping motion of the trainer is elliptical (12” stride length) in nature which helps you to enjoy a low impact workout.
3. Handles – The trainer comes with multi-grip ergo handles so that you can work on your specific muscle groups.
4. Swivel Seat – The trainer comes with a large swivel seat (20”) which is adjustable as well as rotatable by 90 degrees. This feature makes the trainer available for different varieties of people including the ones with low mobility.
5. Recumbent seat positions –The trainer allows you to adjust the seat position at 3 different recline angles, which is ideal for people recovering from knee or hip injuries.
6. Storage –The trainer comes with a gadget holder and dual water bottle holders. This facilitates easy storage of accessories within your arms reach.
7. Weight Capacity – The maximum weight capacity of PhysioStep MDX is 500 lbs. Also, users with varying eights (4’8” – 6’4”) can fit in the trainer comfortably.
8. AC Power – The trainer uses AC power and shuts down automatically after an inactive period of 15 minutes. This provides benefit to special needs and de-conditioned users.
9. Pedals – Large pedals come with Ergo Straps and heel cups thus offering great comfort for people of any shoe size.
10. Resistance Levels – The trainer comes with 16 different resistance levels. The different resistance levels correspond to the different intensity of workouts and the user can thus dynamically vary the intensity of the workout by choosing the desired resistance level.
HCI Fitness PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Workout Programs
HCI Fitness Recumbent Elliptical Cross Trainer has 12 inbuilt workout programs; manual, hill interval, rolling hills, mountain climb, plateau, peak, strength interval, Cardio HRC, fat burn HRC, custom 1, custom 2.
The user can thus achieve a varied workout session by choosing a different workout program; a particular workout program can thus be used to strengthen a specific set of muscles of the body or alternatively achieve a complete workout session.
HCI Fitness PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Warranty
Warranty – There is a lifetime warranty for the frame and a three-year warranty for the mechanical and electronic parts.
HCI Fitness PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Pros & Cons
Altogether, we can say that PhysioStep MDX Recumbent Elliptical Cross Trainer is a great Commercial Elliptical and an excellent choice for people with different workout goals like cardiac rehabilitation, general fitness, weight loss, or corporate wellness.
The large swivel seat and multi-grip handles help the users to get in and out of the machine easily. Also, the trainer allows the adjustment of seat recline at 3 different angles, which helps in decreasing hip flexion thereby resulting in a low impact on joints.
Though the price of the trainer is around 3300$, it comes with a reasonable warranty period and an excellent build quality which makes it a great piece of equipment either for home use or commercial medical use.