Schwinn is a well renowned and reputed company for making fitness oriented machines. The Schwinn 470 Elliptical Trainer is an excellent machine for people who want great workouts to achieve their fitness goals. The 470 Elliptical is a silent and smooth machine that offers some unique features in the price range. It has superior computer operated dual backlight display, heart-rate monitor, preset programs for your workouts, along with the options to download your performance data through a built-in feature of Schwinn Connect. This review will help you evaluate and also shortlist the Schwinn 470 Elliptical.
Automatic Incline & Resistance
The 470 Elliptical’s unique features are its automated adjustments for resistance and inclination while you are working out. You are provided with five one-touch buttons to make changes in resistance and incline. The controls on your fingertips give you the liberty to add or decrease the intensity of your workout even while you are in the middle of your exercise. With a total of 25 ECB resistance settings, it makes 470 Elliptical a lot different than the whole bunch of mid-range elliptical machines.
Quality & Durability
Founded in 1895, the company Schwinn has been the leader in bicycle and fitness market for more than 100 years. Schwinn has been the most innovative company in and has reformulated the standards of the fitness industry. You can be assured of the quality of the products if you purchase a Schwinn. Weighing around 160 pounds, this sturdy machine can take up to 300 lbs of weight. It has an oversized crossbar tubing center frame support and flywheel at the front position that makes the 470 Elliptical very reliable and long lasting.
- Preprogrammed Workouts: The Schwinn 470 Elliptical comes with 29 preset programs out of which 12 are workout profiles, 9 are heart rate controls. Other programs include four custom user profiles, two fitness tests and 1 test is for recovery and a quick start.
- Console: The display is a DualTrackTM two LCD blue backlit windows, that helps you look at 13 display functions including
- Performance Tracker: You can read the time, distance, speed, calorie count and your heart rate. You can also control the resistance level through the display.
- Schwinn ConnectTM: you can transfer your fitness data to Schwinn ConnectTM or MyFitnessPal through a USB port. You can also put your phone in charge at the USB port.
- Resistance: 25 Eddy Current Brakes with five quick keys help the user to increase or decrease resistance intensity on the move.
- Adjustable incline: You can use five quick keys to adjust incline up to 10°.
- Fans: The Schwinn 470 comes with three-speed fans to keep you cool throughout your workout.
- Warranty: As the 470 Elliptical comes from a reputed brand of Schwinn, so you don’t have to worry about the quality of the product. Still the company extends a 10-year warranty on the sturdy frame, 2-year on mechanical and a year’s warranty on labor.
- Stunning computer console: The Schwinn 470 elliptical machine has an impressive console that offers far more features than any other machines at this cost. This machine has DualTrackTM backlit screens which can be a bit confusing at times. But if you set up your profile, it can come in very handy. You can have up to 4 programs as per your requirements. You can use an option of having 29 programs including 12 workout programs and nine heart rate programs.
- You also have an option of tracking and downloading your performance data like, time distance, speed and calories burned; all this info can be transferred to Schwinn ConnectTM or MyFitnessPal.
- As an added advantage, the console has a separate bottle holder for you to keep yourself hydrated while you exercise. And there is a USB port for you to charge your phone.
If you consider buying a Schwinn equipment you should be assured of the quality. The plus point being the availability of 29 programs that helps a broad spectrum of users to work out as they need. Its automated resistance control and incline adjustments just enhance the users’ experience.
Drawbacks of the Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
This machine comes with very few disadvantages. They are noted below:
- The degree of incline: Even though the machine offers you an automated incline facility, the level of incline of only 10° is not as expected. Other machines from similar price bracket offer you up to 20° of incline. This 10° incline works upon only certain muscles and can be a limitation to many users.
- Fixed stride length: The 470 Elliptical does not feature an adjustable stride. It has a restricted stride of 20″ length making it bit difficult for people with long legs.
The Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine is an excellent, quality mid-level elliptical machine that comes to you are a very affordable price. Coming from the well-known company, Schwinn, the 470 Elliptical extends many great features, one of them is the ability to automatically adjustable incline while you are exercising. This is indisputably the best features this machine has over all the other ellipticals. Overall, the 470 Elliptical is the value for money purchase, and we recommend it for ideal for in-home usage.