Having a fully equipped home gym is the best thing a fitness enthusiast could ever get, something which is filled with cardio machines, barbells, kettlebells, dumbbells an all the other machines that one could ever dream of. But they often stay in dreams because having that many types of equipment in your small home is almost impossible. So they are forced to come down to the reality of things and it isn’t that bad. You can still get the best out of your home gyms with few useful types of equipment like the best one out of them the cheap dumbbells for the home. They are famous for a lot of reasons like they are small in size and are affordable to almost anyone. With the versatility offered by the adjustable weights, the best dumbbells can assist you in almost any kind of workouts very efficiently.
We know your expectations are rising, don’t worry it will live up to your standards. You can get it at almost all the local stores. Before buying one make sure to go through our best Dumbbells for a home guide to get a better understanding of them. It can help you pick the best one in the market.
Top 3 Dumbbell for Home
Dumbbell Buyer’s Guide
The best dumbbells aren’t like the most premium ones. They will fit in anyone’s price tag and will do the job as it should. Check out these features before the purchase.
- Shape – Hexagonal dumbbells are the best one you can get. And for a simple reason, they won’t roll away when kept somewhere. It serves you very well and does the job better by being well designed for ease of use. The design is especially very useful if you are planning to do the renegade row or something similar to it.
- Features – This is simple equipment so if anyone tries to complicate it then it will turn out bad. It is better not to fix something that isn’t broken. With the fewer parts, dumbbells will last you for a very long period without damages. Adjustable sets tend to get damaged quickly if they are not designed well.
- Weight – Don’t get us wrong but heavier weights in dumbbells can only give you limitations in your workouts because not all of the workouts for your body can be done with heavy weights. Lighter weights give you the flexibility to work with them for long periods and take more reps. We recommend a 12kg set as an optimum choice for anyone.
- Material – Rubber coatings might look a bit odd when compared to the complete steel ones that have a masculine look. But here we prefer functions to looks. A rubber grip will give you a better grip and it will also decrease the impact the dumbbells have when hitting the floor keeping both of them safe. Ridged or “knurled” chrome handles are also a good option for you to take.
- Fit – Being physically fit is a goal everyone wants to reach. So try to find the best dumbbells that will fit in your workout style and body. Find the desired weight you will need and pick a good quality one in that weight category. This will help you build a good body without causing much strain on your body.
- Safety – As we have already told pick up the right weight for the dumbbells. Overweight can contribute to nothing other than causing injuries to yourself. Building muscles can easily be achieved by constant exercises rather than strained exercises done for a few days. So be wise and stay healthy. Don’t overdo things because they look good on the outside.
- Brand – Choosing the best brand is always the best option to go for because nobody wants to ruin their brand image by making a low-quality product. So you can expect really well-performing dumbbells from a branded company. But still look for the quality because sometimes a brand image can be deceiving too.
- Quality – Quality of the product you buy is mostly related to the brand you purchase and the price you pay for the dumbbell. If you get a bad one, you will anyway have to replace it really soon. So, before making the purchase make sure that you review them properly.If you go well through the guide we made and check out all the features we mentioned, we are sure that you won’t make a bad buying decision. With the best dumbbells for home, you will be getting the best and the safest workout in the comfort of your home. With a lot of similar dumbbells, we know it is a difficult task choosing the right one for you. But getting an idea of what you need can make the purchase a lot easier.
Three Types of Dumbbells Explained
- Fixed weight – These are the most common type of dumbbells that you will find in a gym. Since many people are visiting the gyms it is always better to have multiple fixed weight ones so people can work out simultaneously. They start from 2kg and it goes on increasing with 2kg increments. They are also the cheapest ones available so if you want just one weight this could be a good buy. But the problem is you will be restrained to that weight for the entire time and this could be a bad thing when you are in a demand for different weight. For example, for squats and lunges heavier weights are needed and for raises and triceps exercises lightweights are needed. So, either go for an entire set of dumbbells but that will be pricey or stick to adjustable dumbbells to get the best buy.
- Adjustable (standard) – Adjustable dumbbells can be considered the best value for money because for the price you pay you are getting the versatility of using the same dumbbells for a variety of workouts. Just by adding or subtracting weights they become new equipment ready to assist you in your next workout. This gives you the advantage of working with different weights in your home easily and safely. Buying extra weights is also an option if you want heavier weights and more resistance in the future. So it gives you the maximum flexibility.
- Adjustable (selectorized) – They are similar to the standard adjustable dumbbells but are better in the sense that these are much easier to change the weighs. With the simple turn of a dial, you can change the weights when they are kept on a stand. This literally means that they have support for very heavyweights too. If you get one of these you will never have to buy one again. But remember they are also the most expensive one available in the market and they are really heavy so moving them everywhere is not at all an easy task.
What Is The Most Effective Way To Build Muscle?
Building muscle can be done in a variety of ways. Proper dieting and exercise are of the essential things to do if you need to shape your body well. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals that you have to take in, the foods that you must eat and some exercise to boost your body. Select them carefully and align yourself towards a healthy body.
Everyone wants a one-word solution to the perfect abs and good body but let us make it clear, persistent and planned hard work is the only way for achieving them and how do you do them and what equipment you must use? Well, that depends on you but we have a good suggestion to make. So, a good pair of dumbbells can help you with muscle building.
Yes, you heard it right. Dumbbells are the best equipment you can easily use in your muscle building journey. Primarily it fits your pocket so people can actually consider it as an option against the costly options that are available in the market right now. Many people will now feel that getting a gym membership is the most profitable option but the thing is having the equipment and at home always gives you the opportunity to workout at any time.
The flexibility offered by the best dumbbells makes it stand apart from the other ones. With their compactness and versatility, you can focus on building different muscle groups effectively. You can take them anywhere; keep them anywhere, therefore making it the best fitness companion that you could ever get at a cheaper rate. Again, we repeat there isn’t an easy way of gaining muscles you will have to work hard. The best dumbbells give a lot of productivity with so much simplicity.[table id=4 /]
All we have to say is that if you are looking for a good fitness companion that can always be there and be whatever you want them to be, then dumbbells will be your best bet. Getting the best dumbbells for home won’t be that difficult for you if you follow our guide. The dumbbells have high versatility and compactness to suit into any workout environment. Since they are cheap nobody needs to worry about their pockets when they want to get healthy. And we can guarantee you that once you make the investment you will never ever regret your decision. So buy the best dumbbells and with this small equipment make your muscles bigger.