The Horizon Fitness products are manufactured in wonderful facilities that are equipped with the best workers who have all the knowledge, and the robotics are superb. This is the reason that their quality is the best and highest standards are maintained. Every stage of the process of manufacturing has a phase of quality assurance, and 10 % of their products are also examined extensively.
The Horizon EX-69-2 is one notch up from the Horizon EX-69 version. It has a brilliant set of features that deliver the best performance in this segment of elliptical trainers. In this Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer Review, I have shared the reasons why I rate it as my most preferred machine in its category.
For those wishing to have a low impact workout with a device in the mid-price bracket, the Horizon EX-69-2 is but the best choice. You can workout on it on any skill level and is a great machine to possess in your home gym. It can take up a weight of 300 pounds and is a medium duty device. It goes easy on your joints by a combination of the flexibilities of the upper and the lower body. The motion is impact-free and magnetic brake resistance 20 levels is utilized in this trainer. Magnetic resistance is better as it is more reliable, there is no friction and operates quietly. If you use elliptical trainers on a regular basis, then your health will undoubtedly improve as it will increase the capacities of both your lungs and heart. You will also burn calories and help in reducing weight. A flywheel of 14.3 pounds gives smooth operation, and the footpads are made of rubber that makes it much more comfortable.
Comfortable Stride Length
It comes with a stride length of 20 inches which is pretty suitable for majority of users. The motion of the elliptical is also very smooth owing to the heavy flywheel and good mechanicals of the machine. Due to this, it gives the user a smooth ride with a high resistance.
Handlebars can be moved backwards and forwards
The handlebars of this Horizon elliptical are such that they can move both forwards and backwards and therefore, helps to work out all the muscles of your body.
- The console has an easily readable LCD that displays all the parameters of the workout.
- The machine can run backwards as well as in the forward direction.
- The Horizon 69-2 Elliptical comes with a 6 inches power cord, and it doesn’t run on batteries.
- The console has a segment which can be used to place either a magazine or an iPad while working out on it.
- There are wheels on the bottom surface of the elliptical which make it easier to move around.
- There is a lifetime warranty that covers the brake and the frame of this Horizon Elliptical. There is one year warranty on the parts and labor warranty is also included.
- It can take up a maximum weight of 300 pounds of the user.
- The workout can be performed on 20 resistance levels, and ten programs give you the option to shape your workout whichever way you want.
- The stride length is 20 inches which is perfect for all kinds of users.
- The EX-69-2 also has a built-in fan and speakers and also comes with a water bottle holder as well.
- It boasts of having a Six Star certification. It means that the design is such that it includes six essential elements that help to get a safe workout. These elements have been developed after some research on biomechanics. The six-star features are the following: ideal placement of the pedal, step-on height to be low, the ideal size of the footpath, handlebar placement to be precise, good range of motion and a bigger drive pulley ratio.
- The Six Star certification is another feather in the cap of this elliptical and makes it among the best performing fitness machines in its segment that is offered at an affordable price too.
- The construction of this elliptical is quite sturdy and has a heavy flywheel which ensures that the unit doesn’t trip or wobble during your workout.
- The trainer is made mostly of metal which means that it is more reliable than others that have more of plastic parts in their body.
A few positive aspects of the machine that the users felt are the large flywheel, cooling fan, the freedom to select from various workout programs and the entertainment system that it comes with. All these features make the users give positive reviews of this elliptical so that they can get good performance on a daily basis with this machine.
Drawbacks of the Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer
- Some people feel that assembling the unit was a challenging task for them.
- It is not self-powered and doesn’t work on batteries which may be a concern for some users.
The Horizon EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer has some amazing features in it that make it quite a preferred elliptical trainer in its segment. Users are happy with the features like a backlit screen, cooling system, Six Star certification and many others that have been highlighted above. For the price, this is a great machine to possess and will certainly add on to your home gym and give you a great workout day after day.